bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Feb 2013, 16:42   #1
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
L3p - Parvum - Mod Of The Year 2013 Nominee.

In December 2012 Justin from Parvum systems asked me if I wanted to do a small build in their new acrylic m-ATX case.
Since I was kinda busy with 2 other projects I helped him with 2 other casemodders (Kier & K.enny) who wanted to do a new build.
Justin still sent me a case for the help also on some adjustments to the design.... and in my favourite color scheme

At the same time I won an awesome prize in the CooledPC contest.
So made a deal with EKWB I could trade the prize package for products that fit the Parvum case.
Another small build was born.

So decided to make some buildlogs, I just loved the case!
Won't be a huge casemod, more a watercooled build with lots small mods and lots of pics

Hardware

Intel Core i5 2550K
ASUS Maximus V GENE
ASUS GTX690
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 2133Mhz
Corsair Neutron 240GB 2X
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W

Last edited by l3p; 3rd Jan 2014 at 13:51.
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 17:05   #2
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Parvum had some cool teasers before we got them
(Top one is for K.3nny)

In the meantime ordered some fans.

And the mainboard.

Was able to buy nice gpu second hand. (partly trade/buy)

In my opinion the best looking reference cooler ever.

Also probably going to use a Pci-e extender in this build.

Ordered UV and blue ledstrips.

And some extension cables.

Old 9th Feb 2013, 18:55   #3
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Looks promising. i will be following this one.
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 22:04   #4
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
thats a neat logo - looks sweet. i love that hue, when it's just between yellow and green - that aggressive lime-ish hue...sexy.

pci-e extender...you got me there. well, actually, you got me before that. i saw there was a new log from l3p..that is almost an automatic sub these days
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 02:27   #5
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming SaiyanKidMod-Southpaw is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks very nice!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 10:41   #6
Primum Agmen
Modder

Primum Agmen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Is this build going to be air cooled or water cooled? The 690 is bloody gorgeous, shame about the price.

If you're laying the GPU flat, what are you going to do with the extra space?
Primum Agmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 11:30   #7
Yaka
Hypermodder

Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Yaka is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Subbed can't wait for the updates
Yaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 12:08   #8
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
Looks promising. i will be following this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxiij View Post
thats a neat logo - looks sweet. i love that hue, when it's just between yellow and green - that aggressive lime-ish hue...sexy.

pci-e extender...you got me there. well, actually, you got me before that. i saw there was a new log from l3p..that is almost an automatic sub these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Looks very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaka View Post
Subbed can't wait for the updates
Thanks guys! Hope all the green will be appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primum Agmen View Post
Is this build going to be air cooled or water cooled? The 690 is bloody gorgeous, shame about the price.

If you're laying the GPU flat, what are you going to do with the extra space?
It's going to be a watercooled build. The reason why it's such a shame to remove that lovely reference cooler
The update with what I'm going to do with the extender will be up in a few days
Old 10th Feb 2013, 12:09   #9
l3p
www.^.nl

Unpacking!
Always fun

Here a huge post with the first impression about the Parvum case.

Justin also sent some extra's, something he wanted to try

Something that really made me crazy :P
The case was protected with styrofoam, the case and I were super static loaded....

The inlayed logo

Just had to see those fans running

Nice way to find your led board to make some UV shots.

So soldered it the next day.

Personally I like this case a lot cause of the placement for the parts.

Can't wait

Old 10th Feb 2013, 13:40   #10
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
That inlayed logo in the side panel looks awesome! Is the in and outside both cut and match perfectly? Or is it a foil or something?
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 13:57   #11
l3p
www.^.nl

It's indeed a perfect match, there's like 0.2-0.4mm between it, he had to get it in place with a rubber hammer.
Old 10th Feb 2013, 16:05   #12
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I will be following this one for sure!
Old 11th Feb 2013, 22:26   #13
l3p
www.^.nl

Here the CooledPC unpacking.
Was able to arrange with Eddy to change the original prizes for products I was able to use in this Parvum build.
Better for both of us

The cpu that will be used for this build was also in the package.

And some extra aluminum CSQ logo's.

And the watercooling products.

Thanks Eddy & Niko!
Old 11th Feb 2013, 22:38   #14
Baguette
Multimodder

Baguette has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow. Dem Blocks. I just love that circle esthetic, combined with that slightly smoked plastic. Just so damn lovely. Looking forward to seeing your assembly of all of this
Baguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 23:00   #15
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Love how your logo turned out - Very effective indeed. Pretty looking case too - for some reason it reminds me of bioshock, but it's not obvious to me why....
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 15:20   #16
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguette View Post
Wow. Dem Blocks. I just love that circle esthetic, combined with that slightly smoked plastic. Just so damn lovely. Looking forward to seeing your assembly of all of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Love how your logo turned out - Very effective indeed. Pretty looking case too - for some reason it reminds me of bioshock, but it's not obvious to me why....
Thanks guys!

Another update with lots of pics.

First fitting the hardware.

The idea to have the GPU in sight.

By using a PCI-e extender.

Lovely evening of 'blocking' by candlelight.

Glad I had such a small mini torx.

Chip nice and clean.

Total view.
(To bad the mosfet block isn't available in acrylic)

And a nice package from Cooler Master Benelux.

Bedankt Marco!

First thing to do ... I thought ..
Ordered the wrong size fan.

Still want to see the effect.

Comes in handy with cases like these.

Fans mounted.

And found out the standard EK rad isn't going to fit in the top, had to use a thinner one, even that was close.

Top fans and radiator mounted too.

And front.

Next day the 140mm fan for PSU also arrived.

Re-drilled the holes cause the standard fan is 135mm.

White Lamptron replaced with a green Bulgin.
Heatshrink and sleeve to hide it inside.

Test with UV/blue leds.

And hardware inside to see how it looks.

Also started with a first setup for the loop.

All still temporary.

Black instead of blue tape around the extender. (Will be out of sight)

Next update more sawing and sanding.

Old 16th Feb 2013, 20:54   #17
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is reeeeeaaaally nice!
I really love it!

By the way: What LED's are you using for the UV effect?
I have a regular UV strip that looks really purple (typical UV) and in your pictures the light looks perfectly blue. That's more what I want
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 21:31   #18
siliconfanatic
Johny-come-Lately

siliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyansiliconfanatic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Thanks guys! Hope all the green will be appreciated

It's going to be a watercooled build. The reason why it's such a shame to remove that lovely reference cooler
The update with what I'm going to do with the extender will be up in a few days
I'd be more than happy to take that ref. Cooler off your hands...

Anyway looking lovely. Nice idea for angling the card. Gives me an option other than an angled mobo for my build.
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.

Last edited by siliconfanatic; 17th Feb 2013 at 00:55.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 21:54   #19
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.

Can't just be me right?

Loving the unique nature of these Parvum builds, and of course an L3P build is not to be missed. Interesting choice on the angle for the 690 though. I imagine it's for the simplicity on the fittings? Just seems like it's a tad shallow, almost as if your card's falling off the motherboard? Looking forward to seeing how it progresses, if past projects are a hint, then it's going to be a treat.
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 00:46   #20
Evenge
Hypermodder

Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Evenge is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice case! I like a lot your previous work so it's interesting to see what you create this time.

View Mode