bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 12th Feb 2013, 17:49   #21
xrain
Supermodder

xrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitxrain is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
spec it sounds like your local supermarket carries a lot of crap - I haven't had a veg-free ramen pack from one in years. Probably the last time I tried the UK supermarket ones in fact.

We should probably get some snaps of our favourite ones now. Tested today: Mama Cup Chicken flavour - good, but not as mindbogglingly delicious as the Tom Yum one, but very respectable.
I agree the MAMA Shrimp Tom Yum is fantastic.

Try MAMA's Pad Thai as well it is wonderful for an instant noodle.
xrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2013, 19:56   #22
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Nissin cup noodles with enough sriracha sauce to burn away any taste buds. Them's good eats. Works well when all you've got is either a microwave or instant boiling water.

With a pan and stove handy anything short of fresh just doesn't cut it, though. A bag of appropriate noodles, some celery, a couple carrots, a half dozen eggs, ginger root and either broth or bouillon cubes depending on finances will net you six decent meals for just ~$15.
Old 12th Feb 2013, 22:04   #23
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Ramen noodles F.T.W!!!
Chicken, and beef. Thats all I need. That and some chicken, and some beef. Plain noodles need actual meat with 'em here and there. Give me those four crucial foods, some frozen philly steaks, and a little rice, and there is no doubt in my mind I could go through all 8yrs of college as a perfectly happy male(food wise, of course. Other diversions must be taken here+ there )

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 08:54   #24
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Got Ramen?
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 09:35   #25
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Get yourself down to a Chinese supermarket. They do so many awesome types of instant noodles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
Has anyone actually found the noodle brand to make a difference, out of interest? I chuck away the sachet of salt and msg normally, so obviously that's out the question for my purposes, but I can't say I've ever found much difference between Morrisons 15 pence noodles and the expensive 2 imported instant noodles you get in my local Chinese store.
The cheap supermarket noodles always seem to contain garlic powder in the noodle cakes (not the packets). I guess they do it to give the cheap low quality noodles a bit of extra flavour but I personally cannot stand garlic.

So it's 39p Nissin Demae Ramen noodles for me from the Chinese supermarket.
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 09:40   #26
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
I know they're slightly different but I like these, I had them last night with Ikea meatballs, spinach, sweetcorn, mushrooms and some sweet chilli. Cooking the noodles in chicken stock.

Mmmmm mega tastey.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2013, 17:15   #27
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Nissin is the best. Eaten that stuff all mah life

There's a korean brand too, forget the name, that's spicy and awesome
Old 13th Feb 2013, 18:23   #28
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Well, my ma makes proper ramen, beef, vegetables, chillis, the lot. Freakin' delicious. But expensive (comparatively).

In terms of instant Asian food, I find Go Noodles to be really nice. You can find them in those pound stores, blooming delicious.
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 10:49   #29
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Found this, had to share

Personally I love ramen, though around here you have to make it yourself. Any Instant stuff found here tastes very bad.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 10:57   #30
Shirty
"It's old Shirty!"

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm surprised nobody else has found/claimed Indomie yet. Indonesian noodles cheesecake.
Old 14th Feb 2013, 12:17   #31
flibblesan
Destroyer

flibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitflibblesan is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1 View Post
Nissin is the best. Eaten that stuff all mah life

There's a korean brand too, forget the name, that's spicy and awesome
Nongshim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty
I'm surprised nobody else has found/claimed Indomie yet. Indonesian noodles cheesecake.
I'll have to check them out. Cheaper than the Nissin ones!
flibblesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 21:22   #32
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
The one ting about nissin is i have to halve the water content. That and cook for a loooooong time. I like my noodles reeeeeal tender, and it helps to actually get a little flavor into the noodles themselves.

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 16:42   #33
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.

How a man makes ramen.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 17:20   #34
RedFlames
Bringer of Meh

RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
How a man makes ramen.
I think i've had those ones... the packet looks familiar... they were pretty spicy iirc

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ramen fool

View Mode