bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Dec 2012, 23:14   #21
Spreadie
Knows the way of the Dremel

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Very cool - looking foward to this one!

Subbed.

2500K|Gene-Z|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2012, 15:26   #22
Gimlehr
What's a Dremel?

Gimlehr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh the memories! looking forward to seeing the finished product. Subbed!
Gimlehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2012, 16:08   #23
HCP
Multimodder

HCP has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Trying the leds in the panels before paint.
Noticed the yellow needs to be changed to amber, too much yellow
BTW, its 3mm ledīs

Last edited by HCP; 19th Dec 2012 at 17:10.
HCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 16:13   #24
HCP
Multimodder

Made some more panels for the USB headers.

The USB headers goes here, behind the "tower" at the red arrow.

And a colourtest to see how it looks

Soon gettinī there, much time goes to the LEDīs and not so much for the case right now.
Old 6th Jan 2013, 22:13   #25
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks clean
Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275W Thermaltake 80 Platinum, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60
TheGreatSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2013, 22:46   #26
loftie
Ultramodder

loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.loftie is definitely a rep cheat.
Don't get any ideas of taking over the world, otherwise we're going to have to go tic tac toe on your ass
Old 6th Jan 2013, 22:50   #27
Big_malc
Ultramodder

Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.
Only I will remain
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 01:32   #28
HCP
Multimodder

Hammertime!

*Smack*

Got tired of the roof, the plastic i used was to soft that i sagged when sanded and after 10 runs with putty/filler i still didnt have a flat roof.

And all wet sanding made the wood increase in thickness, had it in the oven for a couple of hours now to dry it up.

Going to replace the roof with 4mm acrylic, and i hope i can get done with the casing now, all other parts just laying around and wait

Old 13th Feb 2013, 10:28   #29
HCP
Multimodder

Current state of the case.
Testing the led-panel, i wish i made the cutout bigger... See if i make that change later or if i just go with it.
Nevermind the edges, its not done yet

Almost time for some Tic Tac Toe

Old 13th Feb 2013, 11:45   #30
matiss
Multimodder

matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.matiss is definitely a rep cheat.
Hello Joshua

You can never go wrong with some wargames. As a big fan of the movie i have to watch that stunning beauty come to life.
Old 13th Feb 2013, 23:32   #31
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
R.I.P.L.E.Y. died J.O.S.H.U.A. lives

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Feb 2013, 13:19   #32
HCP
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
R.I.P.L.E.Y. died J.O.S.H.U.A. lives
Hehe, i didnt watch the second movie until i begun with this project. Its crazy that they missed sooo much details on the WOPR, insanely bad WOPR in the movie with Ripley.
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 21:02   #33
HCP
Multimodder

I have stopped using my white plastic and moved to acrylic, more rigid and not flopping around when sanded. The styrene is to saggy to use in a case this big.

Its gettinī taller!
I have three fans in the case, on on either side of it, on pulling and the other pushing, one side have double setup (where the rad is).
Both fans are hidden behind a panel and push/pull air trough a duct in front of it. I have made some tests with cardboard just to see the flow and cooling capacity and its plenty good for my purposes. Tested with 100% cpuload in 4hrs and a H60 cooler.
I didnt want any visible fans, im all focused on making it really really look like a smaller version of the real WOPR

The small tabs behind the rounded corner on the acrylic is temporary there when gluing, to get nice straight corners. otherwise they will hit the motherboard

First pic, case rising to the skies.
This is the back side with IO-plate cutout. You also see the fan hole that later is hidden.

Pic two
Here is the cover over the fan on the left side of the case.
Other side have the same type of panel.

Here is how the real WOPR looks like at almost the same angle

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 21:52   #34
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This looks awesome.

I like that movie-this is great way to remember it.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 22:56   #35
Muerlin
What's a Dremel?

Muerlin has yet to learn the way of the DremelMuerlin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You've been busted for using VLC!
Muerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 23:46   #36
Alekoy
Ostekake!

Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Alekoy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
AWESOME!

Planning on putting a big lens with a red light behind it on my server rack, HAL-style
Alekoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 23:55   #37
HCP
Multimodder

Time to start making the light controllers.
This is just a test for one of nine controllers for the LED panels.
White and blue to the left is output and its triggered on/off by the red with a knot on.

Soldering iron heating up...
Old 10th Aug 2013, 21:04   #38
HCP
Multimodder

Current status, its bondo time.

Tonight i tried to get the shape of the "tower" 100% but whatever i did, it didnt look right.
Until i cut a inch from the length, then the tower fit and all proportions is 90% spot on.
I have some strange thing with the tower, it looks too wide, but really isnt too wide.
So now i have cut the length, made a new tower piece and bondo it all over.

Alot of sanding to do before i put on some primer to check all small spots to fix.
Right now it looks like crap, but you guys who seen the WOPR probably can visualize it

While the bondo dries, its time to make the left panels ready. I want it standing by itself today!

View Mode