bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 9th Feb 2013, 20:37   #1
fireisdangerous
Minimodder

fireisdangerous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project Maximus Design

Project Maximus Design

Decided to take on a new project for two reasons, firstly it was time to replace the fluid in my system and give all the parts a good clean and secondly i saw the new Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 and new i needed it!!!

To cut a long story short i have also ended up with a new motherboard, new pump, new fittings, new fans etc. To make these purchases i have sold a few parts i had left lying around and once i replaced the system i will have more bits to sell!

New parts are:

Asus Maximus Gene V

D5 pump with Bitspower mod kit and pump top

Bitspower Blood Red Barbs

Bitspower Matt Black D plug

Mayhems Black Pastal Fluid

6 Corsair Hight pressure low nose fans

Xspc Tubing

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (when it is released)

Existing Parts i am re-using

Ek supremacy cpu block

i5 2500k

2 Evga 570 SC card with Full EK water blocks and backplates

1 XSPC rs 240 rad

1 XSPC rx 240 rad

XSPC Bay res and custom white faceplate

Corsair AX850 psi with White braided cables

8gb Corsair Black LP memory

8gb Corsair Red LP memory[/FONT]

I have spent today draining my rig taking all the parts out and giving them a good old clean. Not much i can do now until i get my hands on the New Fractal Design Midi R2, still waiting on a release date. Im going to take loads of pictures tomorrow of all my new and cleaned equipment as.

But here is a teaser

Last edited by fireisdangerous; 10th Feb 2013 at 15:44.
fireisdangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2013, 21:56   #2
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Love it allready. will be following.
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2013, 14:07   #3
fireisdangerous
Minimodder

As promised here are some pictures

Let start with some more motherboard pics.

Some GPU shots.

Both are evga 570 superclocked editions, had them for a couple of years and they still destroy any games, with the full ek blocks, they look so much nicer than the new circle design in my opinion.

My Faithful rads and my XSPC bay res with custom white facia.

Cosair AX850 with white sleeving

New D5 pump with bitspower top and mod kit.

I sleeved the cables but they wouldnt fit through the holes at the back so may just leave the cables as they wont be seen in the build anyway.

And last pictures is for the wife really

Old 10th Feb 2013, 20:53   #4
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
ok nice parts but where is the modding?
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Feb 2013, 11:43   #5
fireisdangerous
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
ok nice parts but where is the modding?
Need to wait for the case before I can do any modding
Old 13th Feb 2013, 16:41   #6
Elenos
Minimodder

Elenos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice collection of parts. A bit premature posting a build log for a case that isn't release yet?

Either way I'll pop back in and take a look when it starts coming together :-)
Elenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2013, 16:55   #7
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice parts mate! Though I agree with Elenos, it's a bit early to post a build log and have to wait for an unreleased case before starting.
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 13:53   #8
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
i cant see any pictures :S
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode