bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 18th Feb 2013, 20:14   #1
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Arya-completed

For the last three months I have been planning a small office/multimedia PC made of wood.
I was waiting to finish my semester at college and now,when it is over-I presend you my project-Arya.

Here are rendered images of Arya.

Yesterday, my friend brought me box containing the laser-cut wooden parts.

And today,after some playing with the parts:

Last edited by Pranja; 13th Jan 2014 at 01:04.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2013, 23:03   #2
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
You have found your style. Will be following.
Old 18th Feb 2013, 23:11   #3
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
You have found your style. Will be following.
Thanks. Although, I don't understand-what do you mean when you say "You have found your style."?
Old 18th Feb 2013, 23:17   #4
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
I don't understand-what do you mean when you say "You have found your style."?
I mean this has similar construction style as scorpio. and they both look awesome.
Old 18th Feb 2013, 23:25   #5
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
I mean this has similar construction style as scorpio. and they both look awesome.
I see-thanks for explanation. They are similar construction because my friend's CNC machine only have two axes. If we had CNC with three axes, construction would be different a lot.
Old 19th Feb 2013, 19:52   #6
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
OOOH! You should have added a little extra material so you could sand the whole thing round.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 21:13   #7
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
OOOH! You should have added a little extra material so you could sand the whole thing round.
You mean because the black stuff? I actualy like it that way. It shows the shape of case little bit better.

Todays progress-side panels assembled.

Old 20th Feb 2013, 17:26   #8
Pranja
Blackwolf

Today I continued my work on Arya.

Second side panel is finished.

I received brown paracord and golden power button.

One meter long steel rod+saw=

Assembly of top and bottom of the case.

Top and bottom mounted on the case.

Mockup with side panel.

Old 21st Feb 2013, 21:16   #9
Pranja
Blackwolf

New and better pics of Arya.

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 01:53   #10
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I knew it seemed familiar somehow...

http://www.tuvie.com/lfrit-toaster-d...simple-button/

Like your adaptation though, will be interesting to see how it looks finished!
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 02:21   #11
Pranja
Blackwolf

That is nice design.

But this mod is not related to it in any way.

Thanks for the link.
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 18:28   #12
Pranja
Blackwolf

Today work on the project continued.

Golden power switch with brown paracord on cable.

Front panel had too long cables and too many connectors.

USB connectors are placed on mini PCB's with extended cables.

Old 23rd Feb 2013, 22:38   #13
Pranja
Blackwolf

New parts arrived an hour ago.

Front part covered with leather, rear part and new spacers.

I will post better pics tomorrow.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 19:12   #14
Pranja
Blackwolf

Today I placed fornt USB connectors and I/O shield. You can see the size od Arya compared to that I/O shield.

Old 24th Feb 2013, 20:39   #15
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking good. I like the look of the front piece with the leather, combined with the wood.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 21:42   #16
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
This is really nice, got to love layers, enables complex shapes & retains strength.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 22:38   #17
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkos View Post
Looking good. I like the look of the front piece with the leather, combined with the wood.
Thanks jokkos. I am actually thinking of using more leather on Arya-maybe I cover this bottom ring with leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
This is really nice, got to love layers, enables complex shapes & retains strength.
Thanks Waynio. Layers are nice,but they are PITA to put together.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 23:09   #18
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post

Thanks Waynio. Layers are nice,but they are PITA to put together.

Ohh the joys of using layers, they are a pain aren't they The spacers make it a lil easier, how many times did you forget to use one and have to take it apart again ?

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 23:12   #19
Pranja
Blackwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
Ohh the joys of using layers, they are a pain aren't they The spacers make it a lil easier, how many times did you forget to use one and have to take it apart again ?
I didn't forgot any spacers,but few times rod fell out from hole and I had to put everything back.
Old 25th Feb 2013, 20:14   #20
Pranja
Blackwolf

Today I worked on the electronics again-this time it was the RGB LED's with remote control (now you know what the smallest hole in front serves for ).

Of course I didn't like the look and size of the controller, so I mod it a "little". XD

PCB is insulated.

And now the fun part.

And small video of me playing with controller.

View Mode