bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 17th Feb 2013, 00:12   #21
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
This is reeeeeaaaally nice!
I really love it!

By the way: What LED's are you using for the UV effect?
I have a regular UV strip that looks really purple (typical UV) and in your pictures the light looks perfectly blue. That's more what I want
Thanks man!
When I work with UV active stuff I always use another ledstrip next to the UV one. This purely to hide that purple glow. Also what I did in the 'L3p D3sk' build with UV and blue ledstrips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
I'd be more than happy to take that ref. Cooler off your hands...
Anyway looking lovely. Nice idea for angling the card. Gives me an option other than an angled mobo for my build.
Thanks you
I was using this extender for testing purposes but all of a sudden I had a moment.
You can do so much different stuff with these long extenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
Can't just be me right?
Loving the unique nature of these Parvum builds, and of course an L3P build is not to be missed. Interesting choice on the angle for the 690 though. I imagine it's for the simplicity on the fittings? Just seems like it's a tad shallow, almost as if your card's falling off the motherboard? Looking forward to seeing how it progresses, if past projects are a hint, then it's going to be a treat.
Haha this has been seen by others too on my Dutch buildlog :P Thanks!
Using this angle to fully show all blocks in one sight. Will be creating some sort of a rest for the gpu from POM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenge View Post
Nice case! I like a lot your previous work so it's interesting to see what you create this time.
Thanks man, hope you'll like this small build
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 10:22   #22
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki role View Post
lol image snip.
Can't just be me right?
Seen it too, intentional or not, it's awesome.

That stock cooler is really nice looking though but it will be far better cooled underwater, it's all looking nice this Peter & I agree, shame the mobo block doesn't come in the same material, would look pretty awesome.

I really like the 690, came close to buying one but went for 2 670s for lower cost, was starting to feel need for a bit more oomph, it is nice sliding all settings to max & feeling quite confident it will handle nicely, I held back on giving SLI a real chance for ages but I'm really happy with it, I remember getting crossfire when it was new & it mostly gave performance decreases so it put me off multi GPU for quite a while with paying double but getting less than single with high energy draw, seems it's been perfected for quite a while now & you get what you pay for.

Really could do with buying some bits boxes, I'm awfully organised & waste too much time looking for my bits, I'll get around to it eventually.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 14:33   #23
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Waynio!
Asked EK if they would ever bring out this block in acrylic version but they don't. Ahh will just have to do
The bitboxes weren't that expensive, I believe around €3 each.

Already spotted some pics online from people polishing their waterblocks.
Seemed like a great plan for this build too

All I used for the polishing:
P1500 P2000 P3000 and wax

About 3-5 minutes with each for this result.

So lets do the rest too

Cpu block also done.

But was missing something.

So..

That's better.

Wanted to do it the easy way so kept the block and plexi in their place, just used a few pieces of tape to protect.

Took a little longer cause of the size.

Also replaced the old bolts for stainless steel ones, also polished those.

And the switch.

Result ..

I'm satisfied.

And in the spotlight 'spotlight'.

Old 17th Feb 2013, 14:36   #24
flame696
Terminating People Since 1980....

flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.flame696 is definitely a rep cheat.
oohhhhh that looks so lovely, again as always amazing work and so much detail go into your builds. Love it!
flame696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 14:57   #25
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
Somehow that "slime green" coolant looks awesome. But I should expect no less from you
I have to admit, thecircle pattern looks a HELL of a lot better once polished.
less goat-sie, more goat-ee

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Last edited by siliconfanatic; 18th Feb 2013 at 03:57.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 17:46   #26
elAwesome
Multimodder

elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.elAwesome is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm doing my build with the exact same blocls at the moment. I really want to see the loop filled, because I might want to polish mine as well :P
elAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 19:06   #27
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Sexy!
Old 17th Feb 2013, 19:08   #28
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking really good! Also, what brand fans are those? I like them! And do they do red one's as well? Subbed + Rep!
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2013, 20:35   #29
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame696 View Post
oohhhhh that looks so lovely, again as always amazing work and so much detail go into your builds. Love it!
To imagine I wasn't doing a mod .. just can't resist it
Thanks flame696!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
Somehow that "slime green" coolant looks awesome. But I should expect no less from you
I have to admit, thecircle pattern looks a HELL of a lot better once polished.
less goat-sie, more goat-ee
Thanks a lot siliconfanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elAwesome View Post
I'm doing my build with the exact same blocls at the moment. I really want to see the loop filled, because I might want to polish mine as well :P
Can't wait myself too but there's still a lot that has to happen :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekonivel View Post
Sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
Looking really good! Also, what brand fans are those? I like them! And do they do red one's as well? Subbed + Rep!
Thanks a lot guys!
I used green Nanoxia fans but next time I'm going to use Gelid green wings for a change :P
They aren't available in red by the way :/ Gelid does have them in blue.
Old 19th Feb 2013, 20:54   #30
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Those blocks look soooo much better polished, I dunno what EK were thinking by not doing it ? I guess there's some accountant trying to save money somewhere.

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 11:08   #31
Psyance
Supermodder

Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.Psyance is definitely a rep cheat.
ooooooo shinies
Really like those blocks.
Psyance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2013, 11:36   #32
dreps
Multimodder

dreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldreps has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
amazing as always love them blocks to ^^
dreps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 21:52   #33
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
the cpu fastening plate needs a lot more of fine sanding
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Feb 2013, 22:06   #34
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I already saw your polished RAM block on the EK idea boards and found it amazing and now I find out that you did the CPU and GPU block aswell?! Very nice L3P!
Any chance you will write a small guide on how to do it? Did you do it all by hand ?
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 00:49   #35
l3p
www.^.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
Those blocks look soooo much better polished, I dunno what EK were thinking by not doing it ? I guess there's some accountant trying to save money somewhere.
Lot's of changes coming from EK soon I guess
http://thinkcell.ekwb.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyance View Post
ooooooo shinies
Really like those blocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreps View Post
amazing as always love them blocks to ^^
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
the cpu fastening plate needs a lot more of fine sanding
Ahh a volunteer, please send a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
I already saw your polished RAM block on the EK idea boards and found it amazing and now I find out that you did the CPU and GPU block aswell?! Very nice L3P!
Any chance you will write a small guide on how to do it? Did you do it all by hand ?
Thanks mate
Well it's actually so easy ... this is a guide, all you need is some P1000-P2000 and polishing wax.
3 minutes of sanding and 3-5 minuts of polishing and you're done
Old 24th Feb 2013, 00:49   #36
l3p
www.^.nl

Small mod this time

Because I'm using an EK MEM block for this build and since I'm going to use a Dominator Platinum kit tried to make something to keep the Platinum look.

At the start I wanted a small hole and keep the text.

But it disappeared after 5 seconds with P1000 .. it wasn't punched in that deep.

Time for an other approach.

Just a few hours of filings and sanding

And done.

Glued it on a few points.

I know it's a totally useless mod, specially since watercooling Ram isn't needed..
Still I like the looks and doing it

Old 24th Feb 2013, 02:25   #37
Hanoken
O.O

Hanoken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my god those ram heatsink mod looks awesome
Old 24th Feb 2013, 12:01   #38
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
MOOOORRRREEEEE of this is wanted

standard stuff just is not your thing eeehhh !?!?!?!? just absomafringginlutley beautifull RAM-coolling
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 20:35   #39
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
That's a hell of a nice looking memory cooler mod.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2013, 05:08   #40
siliconfanatic
Rep whore/thread killer

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
You beat me to it!

Looks wicked anyways

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode