bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 15th Feb 2013, 16:31   #61
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!

This is pure madness. And I like it. Excellent work. Finetuning with a hammer!
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 09:15   #62
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm really liking it dude! Keep up the good work!
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 11:03   #63
Elenos
Minimodder

Elenos has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The scale of this impressive but what will you CNC with a machine this size?? Probably my ignorance here in metalwork.
Elenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2013, 12:41   #64
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Sweet! Now you can use your cnc to make better parts for itself.
I'll begin to worry when his cnc begins to make better part for itself without operator...
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 19:12   #65
mx0forever
Minimodder

mx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenos View Post
The scale of this impressive but what will you CNC with a machine this size?? Probably my ignorance here in metalwork.
well the idea is to be able to just throw in large sheets of raw material and start cutting..,

//////////////////////////////////////////

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
I'll begin to worry when his cnc begins to make better part for itself without operator...
Hehe
judgment day..

/////////////////////////////////////////

well i have been buzy lately.., not done much on the CNC tough ..,

thanks for the feedback!

but here's a SMALL update..:

some disassembly required

wonder if this voids the warranty?

this new mount for the router flexes alot!, but for some wierd reason it still cuts well, there is some vibraition , but the mount is not finished yet..

and i seem to have got my setting dialed right .., i wanted a 120mm hole and got exactly 120mm..,
( standard m10 threaded rod, 1,8 degree stepper ( 200steps / revolution ) and mach 3 setting at 270 steps / mm )

as for today, i have been messing around with the software.., the idea i have is to be able to draw something nice in CAD, then use the next program to convert the CAD drawing to g-code, save it onto a memory stick, go outside load it into the cnc computer and mill..

mx0forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2013, 22:46   #66
theshadow2001
I *am* a Dremel

theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.theshadow2001 is definitely a rep cheat.
Any chance of making a video of this in operation?
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 18:13   #67
mx0forever
Minimodder

mx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitmx0forever is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Any chance of making a video of this in operation?
page 3 my last post.., ( a small youtube link ), but more videos are coming..

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hello again, its been a few days , and no updates.., ( my excuse is shcoolwork.. )

anyway, been working this weekend .. getting stuff done..

skrew small steps.., go big or go home.., so i did some engraving , ( but what became of this is a secret .., ), there will be some more engraving work down the road ..

and i got tired of having to cover the electronics every time i tried to use the machine or when i was finishing up for the day.., so time has come to get the electronics box done..

first, use CAD to draw up the piece i need..

second , use software to generate g-code:

third , test the g-code in the computer:

fourth , throw in a bit piece of raw material into the cnc machine to start cutting.., ( here is the advantage with a big cnc, i can just slide in this full size plywood sheet )

fifth, start cutting:

and after some cleanup:

time to assemble the box:

there are mere millimeters between to top of the box and the massive cpu cooler

heres my ide to keep the dust ect out, one metal pc fan filter

, ok i have seen pc fans with 3 wires, black and red for power adn yellow for rpm signal..., but this i have newer seen 4 wires from a pc fan.., and alla are black !!, HELP... ( what is + and what is - here )

when you buy some computer equipment you get a bunch of different power cords so it can be used everywhere.., and because i will newer use this power cord , made me feel better about what i'm about to do next.

and heres some cnc action on the top piece of teh electronics box.., ( im sinking in the toggle switches from the bottom , because the plywood is too thick )

Old 24th Feb 2013, 20:02   #68
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Its most likely a PWM fan so maybe the below schematic might help

Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2013, 20:15   #69
mx0forever
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azariel View Post
Its most likely a PWM fan so maybe the below schematic might help

., hmm , 12v and ground are obvious, but "control", ..
i figure that "control" needs some sort of signal aswell..,

basically how to i rig the fans to run att full power...
( if possible then half power is also interesting.. )
Old 24th Feb 2013, 20:16   #70
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Couple things.
You're burning the wood, it shouldn't be getting that hot, it's going to kill your bits faster that way, and or start a fire... Either you need to run the router faster around the cuts, or not cut so deep. The chips leaving the cut is what keeps it cool. From what I've been told the sawdust coming from a cnc router should be the same size or slightly bigger than the dust from a table saw.

Also, you should be able to look at the fan motor to see what wire is what. They're usually labeled on the circuit board. Might have to pull a sticker off.
Old 24th Feb 2013, 21:04   #71
mx0forever
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Couple things.
You're burning the wood, it shouldn't be getting that hot, it's going to kill your bits faster that way, and or start a fire... Either you need to run the router faster around the cuts, or not cut so deep. The chips leaving the cut is what keeps it cool. From what I've been told the sawdust coming from a cnc router should be the same size or slightly bigger than the dust from a table saw.

Also, you should be able to look at the fan motor to see what wire is what. They're usually labeled on the circuit board. Might have to pull a sticker off.
yep i noticed the burning effect because i got some fireworks from time to time.., HEHE
"running the router faster ", do you mean the routers rpm (28k), or the cnc mm/min(400mm/min).., because the routers rmp is basically maxxed out.., i'm not that keen on minimizing the cut depth, becaus it is painfully slow as it is already..,

at the moment im trying to figure out how to build a good sawdust vaccuming sustem to keep the cutting place clean.., that will adleast keep the shop clean and minimize fire hazards..,

but ill probebly play around with the setting and see how it reacts., ( and it might be the plywood aswell , next time MDF !)
Old 25th Feb 2013, 02:27   #72
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx0forever View Post
yep i noticed the burning effect because i got some fireworks from time to time.., HEHE
"running the router faster ", do you mean the routers rpm (28k), or the cnc mm/min(400mm/min).., because the routers rmp is basically maxxed out.., i'm not that keen on minimizing the cut depth, becaus it is painfully slow as it is already..,

at the moment im trying to figure out how to build a good sawdust vaccuming sustem to keep the cutting place clean.., that will adleast keep the shop clean and minimize fire hazards..,

but ill probebly play around with the setting and see how it reacts., ( and it might be the plywood aswell , next time MDF !)
Your mm/min rate should be faster then. What are you using for end mills? Also, wear a mask when you're cutting the mdf. The glue they use for that stuff is nasty bad for you.
Old 25th Feb 2013, 08:30   #73
Xlog
Supermodder

Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Xlog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

Control is a 25 kHz square wave PWM signal. If you want fans to run at max RPM - leave this pin floating, connecting control pin to gnd will either throttle fan down to ~30% or shut it down. Vmax on this pin is 5V.
Full specification
Old 25th Feb 2013, 12:52   #74
Azariel
Multimodder

Azariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for presidentAzariel should be considered for president
Quote:

As said by the previous poster, I think you can hook up this fan like a normal 3 pin fan and just leave the control pin untouched.

If memory serves me well there are quite some topics to be found on this on google etc (looked it up in the past myself )
Azariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2013, 20:14   #75
mx0forever
Minimodder

thanks for the quick reply on the fan issue.., ( haven't had time yet to investigate further )

well this is what i accomplisht in the few hours of time i had today:

mounted all of the swhitches i have planned thus far

here is the reason for the square pockets i milled yesterday

just freehanded this ( for the e-stop )

Old 17th Mar 2013, 16:50   #76
mx0forever
Minimodder

well its been some time since my last update..

because the machine is basically working, and im lazy as ****
so there has net been any major work done on the machine, but the cnc has done some major work..

temporary dust solution.., im still trying to work out a more permanent solution

and here are some of the small projects the cnc has done:

3d cad:

2d pieces:

and cutting:

because i forgot the take into account that the router bit is round and cant make sharp corners so there was a good amount of finiching with other tools..

now to make the box airtight and strong and durable, some fiberglass:

not complete yet., i might go all out and get some decent electronics to make it a boom-box, but at the moment it is just a speaker box.. ( top is not painted because it is not glued in yet , until i make up my mind on what to do with this..)

some time ago i posted the massive port i have for my soundsystem.., well sometimes rarely i need the entire backseat.., meaning i have to remove the port, meaning no BASS, and that just s***, so i made a over elaborate hatch to go in insted to make a sealed box..:

bare in mind this is a 22mm thick slab of MDF

this is basically the raw piece thatcomes out of the cnc, the i sand the edges to get the edges smooth..

( yes the middle piece of wood will be cut down flush,)
the entire hatch/plug for a 15" woofer hole took about 4-5h to machine..,
the settings i used were safe settings meaning that i did'nt feel the need to babysit the machine incase the steppers stalled due to high speed..,

bet beeing this untested i still have to keep an eye on the machine, and as soon as the first parts start to come out i can start assembly..., ( so i have something to do meanwhile )

and some power for the operator:

Old 17th Mar 2013, 17:40   #77
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Someone is having a lot of fun.
Burning: It looks like you are using really old router bits. Get yourself some cheap mill bits and I'll bet your cutting improves.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2014, 20:15   #78
mx0forever
Minimodder

hmm, should i maybe update this thread?
Old 27th Feb 2014, 22:50   #79
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, this looks awesome. How did you get on with your 4-wire fans?
Old 3rd Mar 2014, 23:58   #80
mx0forever
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyRhys View Post
Yeah, this looks awesome. How did you get on with your 4-wire fans?
Well i didn't have to.., the electronics kept a decent temperature so cooling does'nt semm to be needed., but i will probebly hook them up just in case.., when i get around to it... ( in like a few years it feels like.. )

Tags
cnc, homemade, plasma, router, table

View Mode