Yellow 5 5.05%
Pink (Raspberry Colour) 61 61.62%
Red 16 16.16%
Purple 7 7.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd Feb 2013, 09:23   #21
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
overkill? never heard of it...

well next thing is singlestage from office watercooler compressor
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 10:05   #22
arakis
Minimodder

arakis has yet to learn the way of the Dremelarakis has yet to learn the way of the Dremelarakis has yet to learn the way of the Dremelarakis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just to note that the actual water block will be cooling RAM and not the CPU.. R-Pi uses a sandwiched CPU RAM design... PCB|8|CPU|8|RAM|watter block.. -8s represent Ball grid array..

Anyway, great design, can't wait to see this beast
arakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 11:16   #23
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxiij View Post
yup, couldn't agree more.

looks like we have a winner for the comp now...given you finish this.

completely insane, completely stupid and nuts, totally overkill, fully bonkers. and thus....completely awesome.
Thanks dude for your kind words, can't see myself winning it as there as some great cases being done. It will get finished I have till April so its an easy deadline to meet. I cut the stainless for the case last night and started doing cutter paths for the CNC.
I know it probably sounds stupid watercooling it but why not eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconfanatic View Post
^this^
Phame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 11:35   #24
Boorach
Supermodder

Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.
The answer to "why" is always "because I can".

Really look forward to following your progress.
Boorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 12:04   #25
Baguette
Multimodder

Baguette has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow. Speak of going all the way huh... XD Gonna look sweet :P

Be carefull when overclocking ARM processors though, it isn't just a question of managing heat, high overclocks age the processor really fast. Just a thought
Baguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 12:23   #26
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phame View Post
I know it probably sounds stupid watercooling it but why not eh!
Not stupid - but mad. And madness is awesome. Just think about 300. SPARTA! cheesecake.

Madness just wins, every time. These wicked times we live in just support that fact even more.

In fact, I'm just waiting for people to wc all kinds of CE stuff. Like their tooth-brush (steam-punk style!), monitor or HD-projector. The less sense it makes, the better it is!
faxiij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2013, 12:58   #27
panman9
What's a Dremel?

panman9 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Haha man this is awesome! Awaiting updates
panman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2013, 00:31   #28
dark_avenger
Raspberry Pi owner

dark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysis
No kill like overkill

Sub'd
dark_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2013, 20:11   #29
abbas-it
We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

abbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
very nice idea, all looks great am just missing the handwork, too much cnc and co.
thats a pity. otherwise its perfectly perfect,,, if you know what i mean.
abbas-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2013, 21:22   #30
faxiij
Multimodder

faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faxiij is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
can we haz moar updates?
Old 4th Mar 2013, 22:43   #31
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Agreed, I'm desperate to see some real life overkilll!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 16:33   #32
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You're going to have to add fillets to the leafs on the raspberry or the CNC won't be able to cut those sharp corners.
Old 5th Mar 2013, 16:41   #33
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
@Achron - I wasn't going to say anything. It's possible on something this overkill that he's laser etching the surface 60,000 times to make the relief.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2013, 18:00   #34
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Phame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPhame is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
You're going to have to add fillets to the leafs on the raspberry or the CNC won't be able to cut those sharp corners.
The general shape is not going to be a boss its self, I have modified it to be more of a domed boss that why I can get a nice small ballnose to etch the shape instead of an endmill simply leaving material on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The machine is cutting the waterblock as I type, I have just g0t back from holiday hence no update.. I am now back at work and will show you the micro waterblock..
Old 5th Mar 2013, 18:57   #35
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

As promised earlier.. Here's an update..

This was ruffed out with a 2.0mm Endmill and finished with a 1.0mm Endmill.
I am currently waiting on a 0.5mm Endmill to clean out channel out.

With the holes, drilled at 1.2mm for a M1.6 caphead screw.

I will continue to cut the underside of the waterblock tonight and have an update for you later.

This was just a tastier so you didn't give up on the idea of it!

Thanks guys!
Old 5th Mar 2013, 21:28   #36
faxiij
Multimodder

yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss.
Old 5th Mar 2013, 21:40   #37
Phame
Hukkel's sex slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by faxiij View Post
yeeeeesssssssssssssssssssss.
Thanks Fax
Old 6th Mar 2013, 04:32   #38
siliconfanatic
Part-time forum lurker

siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.siliconfanatic is definitely a rep cheat.
My eyes just exploded. Just too much overkill awesomeness going on here
Do not let anything good in life pass you by. Cherish it with all of your heart, because before you know it even life will have passed you by. And if you let all those things pass you by? The only thing filling your heart will be deep sadness and regret. So whatever you do, hold on, and never let go.
siliconfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2013, 07:41   #39
jay2
Indonesian Modder

jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jay2 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
with rads? pump? submersible? in a size constraints of 6" square?
jay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2013, 17:55   #40
barry99705
sudo rm -Rf /

barry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbarry99705 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
with rads? pump? submersible? in a size constraints of 6" square?
I think the idea was for one of the sides of the case being the radiator. Kinda like an old school cpu radiator with a thicker base and water channels in it. This will be mostly the same as using a heat pipe to a solid radiator than how "normal" water cooling systems work.

View Mode