bit-tech.net

Old 10th Jun 2005, 19:00   #1
The_Pope
Geoff Richards

The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.The_Pope is definitely a rep cheat.
iToilet Mod

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2005/06/10/itoilet_mod/

Quote:
In what die-hard Macbashers would claim is the first genuinely constructive use of Apple hardware in year, French bloggers at www.w3sh.com have posted an innovative mod they call the iToilet. Taking full advantage of the Mac Mini's compact dimensions and white exterior, they modded the diminutive OSX box into a toilet paper dispenser.
The_Pope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2005, 19:05   #2
ajack
rox

ajack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As discussed in IRC - I bet that mobo was placed so carefully in that bin, just long enough to get a photo

select * from pants;
ajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2005, 19:19   #3
Wolfe
Hypermodder

Wolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the DremelWolfe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This sounds like the G5-PC mod on www.overclockers.com. The one where the guy got SO much hate mail he went public and said the whole thing was a joke to drive his mac-head friend nuts.
Old 10th Jun 2005, 19:24   #4
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
you couldn't fit a full size roll in there could you?
would like to see it done with a shuttle case.
Old 10th Jun 2005, 20:20   #5
Da Dego
Brett Thomas

Da Dego has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Heh heh heh...now this little gem was a good find...I always love a good chuckle at the expense of minis.
Old 11th Jun 2005, 04:07   #6
sui_winbolo
Giraffe_City

sui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck
As discussed in IRC - I bet that mobo was placed so carefully in that bin, just long enough to get a photo
Exactly what I was thinking! Now if they really wanted to prove they hated macs, they would simply break the motherboard in half, but I don't see two pieces in the bin, so I think they were very cautious.
WD Velociraptor 300GB HDD | Corsair Pro 650w PSU | Silverstone MATX Case ::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
sui_winbolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2005, 13:05   #7
bennifer
Supermodder

bennifer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe
This sounds like the G5-PC mod on www.overclockers.com. The one where the guy got SO much hate mail he went public and said the whole thing was a joke to drive his mac-head friend nuts.
Got a link to that? Sounds interesting!

And yeah, this is pretty funny! (he says typing on his Mac Mini!)
Old 11th Jun 2005, 16:30   #8
TheAnimus
Banned

TheAnimus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/

google, siteverclockers.com G5-PC
TheAnimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2005, 02:51   #9
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well the french probibly would not want to dammage it despite how much they hate it becaue they would not throw money away. the silicon is still worh something. even if it is made my mac. this reminds me of the itrash. what i find funny is that a mac wich is basicly a half ass computer is only able to work as a half ass tiolet paper despencer seeing that it does not have much capasity
ZERO <ibis> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2005, 05:02   #10
sui_winbolo
Giraffe_City

sui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysissui_winbolo can run Crysis
Also this reminds me of the true iToliet (I think it was called that) Where thery was a render using iMac elements (circa '98 iMac) to make a iToliet, pretty funny concept. That G5 mod was just stupid, lmao, replace dual processor G5 beast with a crappy XP (well compared to the G5s, it is crap). But it is a beautiful case, and huge!

Old 12th Jun 2005, 09:02   #11
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yes they should have gone dual xeons that would have made more sence.
ZERO <ibis> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2005, 09:47   #12
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could've just got the case off ebay, rather than buying an entire new system - unless it was already broken - already?
MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2005, 17:49   #13
Sc0rian
Here comes the farmer

Sc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run CrysisSc0rian can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ck
it is, its still got the back plate of the mac mini on it. He needs the bottom bit to clip all the case back. So it has been placed in there.
Old 12th Jun 2005, 19:33   #14
ch424
Design Warrior

ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.ch424 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sui_winbolo
Also this reminds me of the true iToliet (I think it was called that) Where thery was a render using iMac elements (circa '98 iMac) to make a iToliet, pretty funny concept.
You mean this? I was literally ROFLing when I saw that the first time! Especially:

Quote:
Steve then danced around a bit, before adding "Hey! Since we're in the business of making crap, why not start with a toilet?!"
ch424
ch424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2005, 20:29   #15
sui_winbolo
Giraffe_City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch424
You mean this? I was literally ROFLing when I saw that the first time! Especially:

ch424
Haha, yeah, it's funny stuff. Even though I'm a Mac <3'er. lol.

Old 12th Jun 2005, 23:31   #16
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
That's fantastic - just the statement that we've all been waiting for from the 'net recently. Apple have risen far too far above their station recently.