1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Rog Max V Formula liquid

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by feathers, 17 Mar 2012.

1. feathers

feathers Minimodder

2. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

now if this is the formula...... imagine the extreme 0.o

3. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

The other page was hidden.

This mobo doesn't appear to have PCI thus I am unable to use my X-Meridian 2g.

6. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

It's really something that they're looking to phase out now, looks like you'll have to take the plunge for a good PCI- E sound card.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Some of the Asus xonar may come close but I've heard about driver issues or poor ASIO performance. Can I upgrade opamps on any of the xonars?

I think I'll stick with my z68 for a while. Perhaps in the future auzentech will make a PCIe version.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

9. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Actually, I think Xonar Drivers are some of the best, and things like the D2X will definitely hold competition against the best sound cards very well.

10. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

What, like (for example) the P8P67 Deluxe, P8Z68 Deluxe & Sabertooth X79 Asus boards???

Okay, they're probably addressing a slightly different market (& obviously aren't Z77 boards), but they're not exactly "low end boards"...

11. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Well I have yet to try a xonar. The X-Meridian 2g is the best soundcard I've owned in ages.

For the future I might take a look at some of the asus.

The new fusion cooling system looks great. The old asus rog NB waterblock was a pile of cack. I had the Asus max extreme and the NB temp was something like 48c+ on my extreme water system!

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

13. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Bindibarbi

14. dunx

dunx ITX is where it's at !

I like the ITX board, but are the VRM's on a daughter board to ease replacement when they fry ? :naughty:

dunx

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

True, OK you get one on previous gens, but Z77 has no PCI built in so it has to be added via another chip. Imo PCI is long dead though :p

Barbs - I dunno, have to ask the designer. Certainly not my call.

16. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Although the Sabertooth X79 is current gen, isn't it? Well, ib-e isn't for ~6-7 months ish so...

Personally, the only use i have for pci is d.t. there not being an all in one pcie alternative to the X-Fi Elite Pro - still a half decent soundcard with a midi breakout box... (plus also having easy access to phono connections & whatnot is handy)

Oh, & of course there either aren't enough pcie lanes on the sub X79 boards to use independent ones anyway given my other slot & lane needs - or rather, since i'm using a raid card then anything with the NF200 chips would be a shonky choice...

Okay, there's USB options (or hideously expensive pcie-to-pci enclosures), but why needlessly spend money?

So there's one reasonable use - but i'm sure there's other people who will have their own ones.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You can get 4x PCIe-gen2 via the southbridge for RAID cards, but if you need an 8x then you can still run a single graphics card + 8x and split the lanes.

I wonder if onboard sound these days is equivalent to a PCI soundcard of yonder-year (esp given SupremeFX III PCB separation for example)? (minus the breakout box which I can see is a bonus).

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

[​IMG]

And it doesn't have the awful XFI chip or creative drivers.

Look at the quality.

19. Jasio

Jasio Made in Canada

The TI DAC on the Xonar is currently best-in-class with many audiophile DACs struggling to keep up with the Xonar STX's performance. Yes the omamps are upgradable and the included drivers are very good, particularly the 64-bit drivers. For the extremely picky out there, there are custom drivers for the Xonar Essence STX that claim to improve ASIO but I after trying them out I can't say I was able to hear any difference.

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea it's a CMedia Oxygen, same as the Xonar.

You can upgrade them to run on PCIe with a converter chip, beyond that it's down to the analogue design. No reason that Auzen can't be available on PCIe :(

What AMPs and DACs does it use?