1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 11 Apr 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Looks a bit like a Fractal case to me.

3. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Even the top USB & power panel looks like it was taken from an R4 case.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Nice case design, less is more.

Just a suggestion though, you guys really need to improve the lighting on your case photographs, it's incredibly harsh and doesn't do any of the cases you review any favours, almost impossible to judge the quality of the finish with the supplied shot's.

Given that the first time many of us will see a case in the 'flesh' so to speak, is when we open the box on arrival at our homes, it's quite important, you show these cases in as much detail as possible, as we won't find any of these mid-high end cases for viewing, anywhere on the high street.

5. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

In all likelihood, they may share the same manufacturer in china, and as such, share some of the same tooling on bits like the front panel.

6. Fractal Design

Fractal Design What's a Dremel?

We'd like to highlight that Nanoxia and Fractal Design cases doesn't share the same manufacturer, nor do we share any toolings. All Fractal Design cases are produced with toolings fully owned by ourselves.

7. Altron

Altron Minimodder

More like clone. Aside from the two-part door, looks like they totally ripped off Fractal's design. If they had put the white PCI slot covers in, I would have sworn that the rear shots were of my R3. Same goes for the upper front edge, which would have fooled me if it wasn't for the USB 3.0 ports, and the drive bay area as well, if it wasn't for the third 5.25" bay.

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

And the brackets for the HDDs are absolutely identical (except for being black and not white)...

The top front area also looks exactly like my R3 (USB3.0 ports and all) - except that I can't tell if the Deep Silence 2 has a blinding blue LED or not :D

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

...and if it was for the fact that it's longer and narrower than the R4 and that it has room to support a 240 rad behind the drive bays...

Yeah, if it wasn't for all that and the door, it'd be EXACTLY the same! :hehe: :lol:

10. Xir

Xir Modder

I like the simplification of the buttons and ports on the top, and the omission of the air-chimney.
    What i don't like is the rigid bays and the ugly blowholes on top.

They're not planning a MATX version are they?

11. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

The finish on the panels looks horrible; a dull matte that shows up finger prints. The worst of both worlds.

12. Joey Propane

Joey Propane What's a Dremel?

Mmmmm, steel and plastic...

Tags: Add Tags