1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory MSI P67A-GD53 beep code - 1 long 2 short?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by samm1, 30 Dec 2011.

1. samm1

samm1 What's a Dremel?

Having built pretty much what was in the Hardware Buyers Guide Septemer 2011 (I5 2500k, MSI P67A - GD53 (B3), 8GB corsair vengance, asus gtx 560 ti) I'm getting 1 long followed by 2 short beeps on boot. After pressing the power button nothing is outputted to screen until the beeps, followed by the full screen msi logo and the booting to windows which runs fine.

I have had it running down to 1 4gb stick of ram, procesor and graphics card (have tried another graphicsa card as well) as well as having updated the bios and the beeps still persist. Does anyone know the meaning of this beep code or what might be causing it?

Many thanks in advance!

2. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps would indicate the graphics card has a problem (although odd it still boots OK). Try reseating the graphics card and check the power connector is firmly plugged into the card. Also, make sure the card is in the top PCI-E slot.
    Is this recently bulit PC or bulit back in september but problem just started?