1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor woe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sumorabbit, 11 Jan 2017.

1. sumorabbit

sumorabbit What's a Dremel?

Hi peeps, just built a new rig with a 6700K (oc'd 4.5) and a GTX1070.

I didn't even consider a new monitor for some reason...

So anyway,

I was set on getting a 144hz 1440p and having not been in the purchasing world for a few years thought nothing of it. I then came across the ultra wide variety and I quite fancy one. The problem is there isn't much option of a 21:9 that would work well with a 1070 and G sync.

The Z35 gets absolutely slated for ghosting which means its a no for me.

The next ultra wide that comes up are the 3440x1440, but these may be a bit much for a 1070?

Any recommendations will be received gratefully thanks!

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It would help if we knew roughly what your budget was...

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

If you want to max games out the 1070 will not cut it in later games. It will be fine up until this round of console mash ups, but yeah, those are very demanding games.

Also - look into Adaptive Vsync globally. For me it does a fine job, almost as good as Gsync and you are not held to ransom by a monitor.

4. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

I think a 1070 would do very well at 3440x 1440, I'm gaming on a 38" 3840x1600 ultrawide with a single amd fury and the only settings I lower are aa.
    Two choices really, the acer x34 or the asus rog 34" for gsync
    Personally I like the acer, I had the freesync version and was a nice piece of kit

5. sumorabbit

sumorabbit What's a Dremel?

Budget is up to £1000

Cheers guys, I'm was just a bit concerned about having to drop settings too much with the x34. I should have got the 1080 bit alas it's too late now and the pc is built and running.

I may just go for the x34 anyway and upgrade the card in a years time since it should perform decently at high (not ultra) settings