1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

msi 290x water damsge

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by heir flick, 4 Jul 2014.

1. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

to cut a long story short my corsair h80i had a leak and coolent dripped down on to the msi 290x gaming edition causing it to blow, am i right in thinking corsair should compensate me due to the failure of the h80i damaging my graphics card, i could of just tried to rma to msi but i dont think thats fair or the right thing to do, ive emailed them but still waiting for a reply

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Unlucky mate, the whole point of closed loop systems is to take out the risks for people, surprised to hear of one failing, good luck on claiming on this, let’s hope their customer service can sort you out.

I guess there is always house insurance. Maybe MSI could help with repair?

3. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

house insurance did cross my mind but not sure how to go about claiming on that one

4. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I'm sure they have some lame disclaimer, but my first point of call would be Corsair

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

5. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

yep corsair has been my first port of call, im thinking they sold me a closed loop system with 5 years warranty and its failed in under 2 taking my gpu with it surely thay have to take some responsibility for the failure of there component

6. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

Update

Corsair paid for collection of my h80i & MSI 290x to California for inspection and have agreed to replace the h80i and offered me $400 compo for the 290x.

I guess they valued the 290x on us prices which is sort of understandable, I think I could proberly haggle for more but to be honest I just want to get it over as quickly as possible and get my PC back up and running.

I was not to sure if I would get anything so about £240 is a descent chunk towards a new gpu

7. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Good to hear

If you want another 290x I'll do you an Asus reference one for £240 BT inc p&p

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

8. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Good on corsair .. Thats why I like them

9. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

and maybe in future use a conformal coating to protect expensive assets something like this.

10. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

thanks but ive just orderd a new powercolor 290 pcs+ on offer at ocuk for £270