1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our NEW MSI GS30 Shadow & GamingDock - Coming soon!

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by MSINotebookUK, 9 Sep 2014.

1. MSINotebookUK

MSINotebookUK What's a Dremel?

Hey all!

I am excited to reveal one of our newest additions to the MSI G series family!

So, have you ever wanted a super small, lightweight, ultra thin NB? Have you ever wanted it to be ultra mobile for your day to day activities? Uni? Work? Starbucks with the Macbook pro cool kids?

It's here!

Our new MSI GS30 Shadow NB!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Specs :

4th Gen Core I7
    2 x SSD
    13.3" Full HD Screen
    Iris Pro Graphics (Super On board GPU)
    1.3KG in weight
    19.8mm

But I hear you say....what about the GPU? You want discreet graphics? You want upgradability?

OK.... so it comes with a GamingDock!

[​IMG]

Docking and transforming, shift into the Elysium!
    There is a specific GamingDock designed for GS30 Shadow and the overall graphics performance will be shifted to a higher level while GS30 Shadow is docking on it. By the inserted desktop discrete graphics card inside the GamingDock, more graphics calculation will be enhanced and more visual detailed will be revealed. Users can choose any desktop graphics card, which is stronger and more powerful, then easily insert into it to unleash the most stunning visual effect and deliver the most exciting gaming experience to gamers by full bandwidth of PCI-e x16. The GamingDock is no wonder the most powerful upgraded cannon for slim gaming laptops to play on those most performance demanding titles in highest resolution and settings.

Just to say the above a little more clearly

You can insert any brand DESKTOP GPU into the gaming dock, so your NB when docked will be just as good graphics wise as your desktop.

This means when newer laptop GPU's come out, you will not be worried about performance.

Use this NB with a 780TI if you like! The choice is yours!

Perfect for if you go away to uni, you can have a full desktop solution in your room, but a super high powered NB whilst you are at the library!

The dock can hold a normal HD for all your games too, whilst the NB holds 2 x SSD's.

More spec details for the NB are below
    Model name

GS30 Shadow

Operating System

Windows 8.1

LED Backlight Display

13.3" , support up to 2560x1440 , Wild view angle, Anti-glare

Processor

Intel® 4th Gen Core™ i7

Memory Type

DDR3L, up to 1600MHz, Max 16GB

Graphics

Intel Iris Pro

Hard Disk Capacity

M.2 SSDx2 with Super Raid

Keyboard

Backlight Keyboard

Optical Disk Drive

N/A

USB 3.0/2.0

2/0

Card Reader

SD(XC/HC) /MMC

Video output:

HDMI 1.4b

Mic-in/Headphone out

1/1

LAN/WiFi

Giga LAN/ Intel 802.11ac

Bluetooth

Bluetooth v4.0

Webcam

HD type (30fps@720p)

Battery

Built in 4-Cell Li-Ion

Power Adapter

65W

Dimension (WxDxH)

320 x 227.3 x 19.8mm

Weight

1.3 Kg (w/ Battery)

The GamingDock will come with all the usual spec like Killer Lan/USB 3.0/HDMI out so you can connect multi screens & gaming peripherals to it also.

More information will be released closer to it's release date - Jan 2015

Some specs may change - but you get the idea of what this badboy is going to be like.

Any questions - Fire away (if I can get an answer I will )

The MSI NOTEBOOK UK Team