1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Dirt 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GTIgeneral, 30 Jan 2017.

1. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Anyone here looking forward to dirt 4? I'm pretty hyped for it, been following the news over on the sub Reddit and it's shaping up to be a good game.

Was worried that it's going to be another arcady racer like the previous dirt games but it's been confirmed that you can chose SIM handling (dirt rally) or arcade handling (dirt 3).

Also there's going to be user created procgen tracks, party mode, and other features

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I used to buy all Codemasters racing games. I now never buy any Codemasters racing games even if I really want to. The reason? I'm sick of logging in to find my games incomplete because there's yet an other cash-grab dlc out.

They make good (if extremely similar) games, but they're far too greedy for me to bother with.

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I've still not played Dirt Rally yet (it's waiting in my Steam library) but I'm looking forward to it. Having completed Dirt 1 & 2 (all gold medals too I think, or was that Grid? Anyway...), I got bored of Dirt 3 quickly.

That's why I bought Dirt Rally - the handling is supposed to be much more challenging. If they continue along those lines (or at least give the option) then I'll probably give Dirt 4 a try.

4. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I loved Dirt 3 and will definitely get Dirt 4 eventually, although I've not picked up Rally yet either. I have so many games waiting to be played though that I'll probably not get around to either for a few years.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup colour me mildly excited :) Hopefully they lean toward Dirt 2 and Dirt Rally and not Dirt 3..

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

So, you buy a game on release with the set of cars that are included, and you're happy. Then a month or two later they release a few new cars you can buy separately, and suddenly there's something wrong with the game you had? What's the logic here? How is this worse than just no more cars beyond the ones the game released with?

I can accept that it doesn't sit right with you on a personal level, but to go and bash the developer for it kind of goes beyond that.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The handling in Dirt Rally isn't even in the same galaxy as it was in Dirt 1, 2 and 3.

You could probably finish career mode in any one of Dirt 1 - 3 in less time than it will take you to get even remotely good at Dirt Rally.

With Dirt Rally in the old timey 2 wheel drive cars even just making the damn thing go straight is a challenge and worse, when you then you switch to one of the modern 4 wheel drive ones you get over confident because they just feel so much easier and wrap them around every tree, especially in Finland.

Once you do get good enough though, it does feel rewarding.

Also you haven't s**t yourself properly until you've completed a night race in Wales in a 205 T16 Evo2.

Plus it looks very good (well, except Greece which is presented as an ocean of visual boredom with the occasional sea of copy paste trees).

Further, it supports 21:9 out of the box.
    Also it has workshop support.
    And of course VR support for those who care about that (Occulus only, Vive at some points in time it apparently worked then they broke it, no idea on current status).

Sorry, enough with the love letter about Dirt Rally... yes Dirt Rally 4 is on the short list of upcoming games I really really want.

8. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Thanks for that, it sounds great. :rock:

I was a big fan of Richard Burns Rally which was very difficult to get to grips with but incredibly rewarding once you did. I'm really hoping Dirt Rally is similar (and Dirt 4 for that matter).

9. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Because it's not extra content; It's withheld content. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't have the time or the motivation to sit down and create a matrix to figure out which combination of passes and packs to pick to get a complete game...

You know, so the GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE isn't NEGATIVELY AFFECTED by MULTIPLAYER FRAGMENTATION, all for the bargain price of EXTRA MONEY :wallbash:

Last edited: 31 Jan 2017
  10. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Is 4 going to look much different to 2?

2 came out years ago and was fantastic, but then it seems every Codemasters driving game since has used the same game engine and that's not enough to tempt me.

11. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

have you played dirt rally? its a pretty good looking game, especially forest stages during the night. as for DLC, dirt rally didnt have any

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Dirt Rally, ymmv based on settings etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]