1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PlayStation 4 Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 3 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

bit-tech review

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/horizon-zero-dawn-ps4/

Earth is ours no more
    In an era where Machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species, a young hunter named Aloy embarks on a journey to discover her destiny.

How do we not have a thread for this already?! I'm not playing it myself, but I will probably pick it up in a sale now I have a PS4. Watched a few streams though and it's very, very pretty. Great attention to tiny details.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2017
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I want to play this game badly.

Is it worth buying a PS4 just for it?

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I don't know whether it's worth buying a PS4 just for Horizon, but Jake likes it and gave it a recommended medal.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

You could always grab The Last of us to make the purchase even more worth your while :thumb:

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've cautiously been looking forward to this since I heard of it, and it seems to not disappoint.

I'm just debating whether I pick up a Pro for it or just do it on the vanilla PS4 :/

6. Hex

There's also Bloodborne and Nioh if they're your thing too. I'd never buy a platform for just one game though. Unless you're made of money, but then you'd probably have one already!

It's still really gorgeous even on vanilla PS4, probably not really worth getting a Pro just for this game if you weren't planning on getting one anyway.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit, I'm about 3 hours in so far and the game has just opened up a bit.
    It's one of those games where you'll probably be happy just wandering around and enjoying the views for most of the time, I think that scenic feel helps to reduce missions from getting too repetitive as you can easily space them out.

Can't say that I've noticed any lack of graphical quality or frame issues on the vanilla PS4 so you should be fine without the Pro.

8. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

Its georgous good game have played for a couple of hours, i do think based on wsit i have played so far the EG review was a bit harsh on this game. Why this game dont have psvr compatibilty i dont know.

9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Good call. There's also the upcoming Wipeout remaster.
    Well, despite people's possible thoughts on the matter, I'm really not! I would get a Pro though.

If selling off a few things goes well, I might treat myself.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

What a great game this is, one of the best I've played in a while. I completed my first Cauldron earlier; it was brilliant, incredibly atmospheric.

11. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not in my opinion, one game just isn't enough to justify a console even if it is as brilliant as Horizon Zero Dawn.

But pick up Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Last of Us Remastered and Yakuza 0 as well, plus Persona5, Last of US 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are coming sooner or later and 2017 is suddenly the year where having a PS4 is worth it.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2017
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Went to my local Grainger games store to trade some games in and buy this, I was really looking forward to playing it but the damn thing was out of stock :eyebrow:

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

You're in for a treat when you do get hold of a copy.

14. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I caved today. Was going to get the bundle from Argos at £199, but nowhere had it in stock, they really shouldn't be able to do that! :D

So instead I went to PC World and picked up the same bundle (PS4 Slim 500GB, Extra controller, Horizon) for £229.

:D

Really enjoying it so far, although it's going to take me a while to get used to joysticks, :D.

Going to have to get Driveclub now too, to make the console a bit more worthwhile, :D.

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have been playing this and really like it.

I just need to get a different controller as I don't like the Playstation layout, and prefer the Xbox layout so I am looking at getting a Nacon Revolution Pro when I get a chance.

16. Hex

Check out CronusMAX (lets you use any controller, so you could use Xbox controllers on the PS4). A lot of the streamers I know use them. If I keep the PS4 I'm considering getting a CronusMAX because I have an Xbox One Elite controller why on earth would I use the DS4s! :lol:

17. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I caved and picked this up, with posts on many forums and screenshots filling up my social media I thought I should.

fired it up and did the training bit, looks great in 4k HDR, I had to switch it off though, I could see the time sap it was going to be, I just can't get into that right now :( :D I'd rather devoted a big chunk of time to it rather than 15 mins here or there.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Was looking forward to this until I realized it was PS4 only recently. It mightmightmightmightmightmight tip me over into buying a PS4 Pro now, along with last of us remastered.

19. killingit

killingit What's a Dremel?

I think it depends on you. All I can say is that this game is one of Sony's biggest game launches yet.

20. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Are people still enjoying this game then? I am ready to pick this up tomorrow but for some reason I am undecided about this and Ghost Recon wildlands.