1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Prey Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 10 May 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well I'm glad you liked it. Reviews and opinions seem to be all over the place with Prey, although most can be summed up as "it's a lot like System Shock, so it's brilliant," or "it's a lot like System Shock, so it's terrible,"

I'm definitely in the former camp, but have to admit that Prey often feels like a game from fifteen years ago with it's large amounts of back tracking, high difficulty and often total lack of hand holding. To me that's all great news, but I can see it feeling directionless, repetitive and frustrating to players who prefer more fast paced gameplay.

3. graphitone

graphitone What's a Dremel?

I've just finished the original Bioshock for the first time, and this sounds like it could be a review of that game, just substitute water for space. Given Bioshock was seen a quasi sequel to System Shock, perhaps this shouldn't come as much of a suprise. I really enjoyed that game, and given the parallels here, scares, fantastic soundtrack, having to think around a level, this could well find its way onto my wish list.

Tags: Add Tags