1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Black Ops: First Strike PC release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Mar 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Over £10!

Should be half that if you ask me!

3. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

I just hope people don't buy it. It is far too expensive and while I am not against DLC but paying a third of the price of the game just for 5 maps is ridiculous and Activision should be ashamed. Unfortunately people will buy this and they will release more map packs at this price point. DLC also doesn't reduce in price over time (as far as I can tell, excluding GOTY editions which include all DLC) so in some cases you can get the full game for the cost of a map pack. If the price of DLC fell over time then I would find a high start point more acceptable and I can get the product later when the price falls.

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

FTFY.

I wouldn't mind so much if they actually bothered to patch the game, but the console versions have received several major patch updates that still have yet to be released on the PC. It's obvious they were trying to shove their paid DLC out the door (and even that was later than the console versions) before they bothered working on stuff they wouldn't get a paycheck from. I have no interest in giving any more money to a developer which makes it so blatantly clear that the PC platform means less to them than the consoles.

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

What a shocking price!

6. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

They still haven't fixed the issues from the original release so i definitely won't be paying over £10 for 5 maps.

I'll be too busy playing Brink in a couple of months anyway.

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

so can people install their own zombie maps or do we have to rely on their DLC?

and if one person buys the DLC, can other people play the map? or does everyone has to have the DLC?

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

everyone has to have it IIRC

9. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

£11.49 for 4 maps ( zombie map should be a DLC map on its own ) for a game that still need fixing .
    They have got to be kidding.
    I don't buy DLC on principal EVER not going to start now.
    Just had Dragons age ultimate edition and WOW if thats what pass's for DLC I am glad I have never bothered

10. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

£5 for 5 maps would be realistic. I'll pass until it comes down in price. Activision are rip off merchants.

11. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Just like MW2 I will wait until they hit £5. The price of the extra maps has yet again killed any love I had for the game.

12. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

So a 1/4 - 1/3 of the games price for maps that really should have been in the game from the get go.

Seems like a bargain......Not!

Perhaps if this "DLC" had included a whole new campaign (say a 2 hour single player portion) AND new multiplayer maps then it would be worth £10 but as it stands it is an absolute rip off.

13. niro

niro What's a Dremel?

I will not be buying this, I will not give Activision anymore money for a game that firstly they overprice delivering lot less content and then do not even have the decency to get the problems fixed.

It's just unfortunate that loads of ppl will still buy it, and as long as they do, these turd companies will never change their ways

14. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

**** Call of Duty, **** Activision and **** paid DLC.

That is all.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

16. UK-Blade

UK-Blade What's a Dremel?

After all the problems the game had (and plenty of people, me included, still have) can't believe Activision have the cheek to try and charge for it.

Fix the game before you try and get any more money out of its users........

Shame on you Activision. It used to be a name that generated warm and fuzzy feelings for gamers the world over, now your just a bunch of money hungry incompetents.

You won't be getting another penny off me.

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I remember my housemate bought the two Modern warefare DLC packs on 360...... for £1 less I went out and bought BFBC2 - best decision of my gaming career.

18. cjb119

cjb119 What's a Dremel?

Far too much money, half that tops. Are they really trying to say these were took as long as say TorchLight to produce and give anywhere near the same value for money.

Or double the number of maps and keep the price...which actually would be better. They make a game with fairly decent multi-player, entice you to play it lots (with ranks and unlocks), but you get damn bored with the same maps over and over again. Not quite as battlefield 2 though, that need to ship with a least twice as many maps.

19. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

I forgot they charged £10 more for the game in the first place the every one else charges for new games.
    And they called Heather Mills a gold digger.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Dear Activision,

[​IMG]

Sincerely, a former CoD fan

Tags: Add Tags