1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs The Greatest Gadget

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 5 Mar 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i love my kelvin 23 although it could do with a pair of pliers integrated

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I've got a "Utilikey"
    (http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=VZ75GDTdP68A)
    It's basically a stripped down Swiss Army knife in the shape of a key, which means I've always got a knife, screwdriver and bottle opener always in my pocket, and it only takes up as much room as another key. Well handy little gadget, combined with a LED torch (which has replaced my micro-maglight) and a USB key stuffed with useful programs and I'm all set up to fix peoples computers where-ever I am...

4. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Mine's a Cybertool 34. And a Minichamp on my keyring.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I thought you weren't allowed sharp objects anymore, Joe?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You joke, but back at home my mum never used to let me anywhere near the knives or anything. As soon as I got near anything remotely pointy I instantly started pretending to be Steven Seagal....

:(

7. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

heh.
    Permanently on me/in my bag I have Leatherman, lighter (again, I don't smoke), knife, emergency battery for my phone, multimeter... its is amazing how useful they are :)

8. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Seen the 14' of paracord bracelet on thinkgeek.com? The only jewelry/accessory that I wear. And of course a little pocket knife to cut it, and lighter to melt the ends down smooth. Used to carry a small tube of superglue, got sick of slight leaks ruining my pants or turning the tube fuzzy blue. And the best gadget ever... compass! As long as you know the direction you need to go named streets are a crutch.

9. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

frankly if you dont smoke but carry a lighter around anyway you are clearly a risk to society!

10. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

:eyebrow: What will you do if you're just out shopping and a power-ballad breaks out?

I always carry a small Leatherman, an iPhone and a Zippo and there's not much you can't do between the three of them.

11. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

You lost all facial expression and ability to act? :D

And for me a permanent marker and leatherman seems to work well.

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

If I could somehow integrate an oyster card, bottle opener, flat head and cross head screwdrivers and a knife into my iPhone, it would be the best gadget ever. But then the swiss army knife can't make calls or run CoPilot Live so I guess it's horses for courses

13. LucusLoC

LucusLoC What's a Dremel?

i always carry not one but 2 leatherman multitools (i have found myself needing two pliers often enough to make it worth it to me), as well as a nice CRKT pocket knife (m16 model) in addition to a small flashlight, small first aid kit and my blackberry (with camera/video and music). those combined with my keys and wallet are thing i cannot ever leave the house without, period. my instincts just won't let me do it.

when i actually get a chance to leave the PRC i plan on getting a CCP and adding a Sig p239 to the list of items i will not leave the home without.

you can never be too prepared, though i do have some fun stories of going to the airport. . .

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

There's an app for.. oh, wait.

15. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

Let's not forget a little bit soggy around the midsection.

Seriously, I hope Steven Segal doesn't read bit-tech, old fat crap actor or not, he'd still hand me my arse...

16. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

a leatherman wave, and i have a little app on my nokia 5800 that turns it into a flashlight, so i don't carry around my mini-maglite anymore

although it was fantastic to see someone with a big one, proclaiming the size of your maglite was inversely proportional to the size of your (yeah you know) and then pulling the little one out of your pocket.

17. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

the young or old segal? XD you should try a swiss army blanket.. got a couple of those- toasty and they roll up good

18. praxis22

praxis22 Geek

I bought my multitool in a knife shop in Seville for 18 Euros, it's better then the expensive leatherman my boss carries. though I feel the same way about the lighter, I've had a dry zippo in my pocket for 10 years or more, and I have an "emergency" camel lighter in my leather jacket that found on the street in the 80's, still works :)

19. scawp

scawp What's a Dremel?

I find that a Visa card and domino's pizza on speed dial works in most situations

20. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

"The only really problem"
    The only REAL problem

'I rarely need to use my iPod for anything at all, but I still have it in my back-up just in case."

I still have it AS a back-up

Does anyone edit this website?

Tags: Add Tags