1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Israeli protestors

Discussion in 'Serious' started by liratheal, 5 Aug 2014.

1. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Soo.. I work down the road from an Israeli owned drone engine manufacturer (They literally make and design engines and surveillance drones. I've seen them, and they're big enough to maybe leave a hole in your house if you crashed one).

Their roof is currently occupied by some.. Well, they don't seem very well educated, protesters. They're claiming the company manufactures weapons/weapons systems (They don't, in fact, the engineers and designers get rather pissed off if you compare their drones to things like the Predator), and they've shut down the main road in this sleepy village.

Village is a car park, I'm kinda damp (It's raining), and I don't get why they're protesting the wrong place.

Incidentally, @londonpalestine seems to be them, and there's a live feed (I'd wave, but Police are understandably not letting joe-bloggs walk past).

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

which drones do they make?

3. liratheal

I daren't say exactly what I've seen, but they do work on the surveillance drones that are sold under the Elbit parent company.

Their primary role is engine design, testing, and the design of mounting in chassis. All their export licensing are non-weapons related - But because they export to Israel (Their parent company is Israeli) for final manufacture, they've been flagged up as a target by these protesters.

Info that's freely available:

They make a couple of air cooled engines (AR731 and AR741), and a few different water cooled engines (AR682/R, AR801/R).

Their AR801 engine is in the Hermes 450 - Which is built by U-TacS (Another Elbit subsidiary), and officially classed as a rotary engine reconnaissance UAV. Their engines also appear in AAI Shadow 200/400/600, Galileo Avionica Falco, and Pioneer UAV's.

However, I don't have a subscription to Airframer, so that's all I can tell you!

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

the hermes 450 can carry 2 x hellfire in the IDF ` Assault UAV` version.....

5. liratheal

That particular modification was performed by the IDF under their own steam.

Payload for the 450 was designed for surveillance gear.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

doesn't matter as info regarding IDF 450`s is on the net = IDF Hermes 450 can carry A2G weapons and have done during this conflict , ergo UAV engines ltd make weapons that are killing children

that`ll be the step those protestors are using to justify there actions

and the engineers and designers can be ` as pissed off` as they like , the bottom line is the Hermes 450 CAN carry weapons , and the IDF as end user is choosing that function!

7. liratheal

Eugh, but even half an hour of research will point out that, while Elbit do sell weapons systems globally, UAV don't actually "make weapons" as they're being accused of by these imbeciles. I've seen more than one person accuse them of making weapons directly, not just 'enabling' (Arguably tenuous, given the IDF did it themselves..) weapon platforms.

Still. The only thing they've interrupted so far is testing, as most designers can work from home.