1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Thinking of a tattoo? Do you like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadP1xels, 15 Jan 2011.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've been considering a tattoo for a long time just because its just one of those things i want to do in life.... (theres more justification than that....)

I've noticed recently tattoos are pretty casual and not a big deal but some people have massive issues with them like my teacher "Don't get a tattoo why would you want to permanently scar your body" (he said to someone who mentioned getting one in memory of his gran)

Im pretty set on upper forearm 3/4 of the way up from the wrist close to the elbow a band of either text (like my favourite quote i live my life by sorta thing) or a unique design....
    [​IMG]
    Sorta like this

NO BARB WIRE
    NO TRIBAL
    NO ROSES
    NO ENGLAND FLAGS :hehe:

Mostly because its pretty modest and if i needed to cover it up for any reason e.g. making a good impression with someone (i dunno) i could wear a long sleeve shirt under a shirt and roll it up or a sweat band :thumb:

or under arm tattoo like this

[​IMG]

Not that design :eyebrow:

Then there always the full forearm if i could find a design i was set on that would take me ATLEAST!! a year of research and planning one of the ones that fit all together and has multiple meanings im not sure :p but im not sure even then i would want to do it at this age

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Dont get one where you cant cover it up with clothes If I had my time again I wouldn't have any but If I did I would probably get a tribal design.

3. DeadP1xels

Thats what i was saying i want it visable but still easy to cover i really hate when i see people with new tribal designs i bet tattoo artists must be bored of that althought easy work :D

4. Teelzebub

Well when I was getting them there was no such thing as tribal most had meanings maybe you should have a look at japanese designs they are quite interesting.

5. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Yeah, alot of people still have big issues with Tattoos, so you should do it on a place where you can cover it. T-shirt-line on the upperarm!

That's all there is to consider basically, and I'd go with something timeless aswell. No gf-names or anything else that might be outdated sometime in the future.

6. bemused

bemused What's a Dremel?

Dan Gold does a good line in very cool 1950s robots:

[​IMG]

7. Teelzebub

I've known people with them on their face one guy even had them on the inside of his mouth.
    There was an old bloke that had been wrongly convicted for murder in the US he served a few years before his name was cleared.
    He came over her to live and had his entire body tattooed so he would never be wrongly identified for a crime again :eeek:

Remember its there for life.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2011
  8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I like tattoos that have a special meaning to the 'wearer' ,off the shelf stuff i find a little pointless tbh.

Im considering getting my daughters name on my shoulder, nothing to big though.

9. Psycho

Psycho Average

I don't like tattoos very much...I don't know why but I see them as some sort of "scar". Also another way to get identified by the cops ¬¬

10. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Tattoos are vile. Its not very classy.

11. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

I got a dragon close to my right shoulder blade. The positioning was important as future employers tend to judge you based on your appearance, even if they don't mean to! So if you go for an interview, date etc., make sure its hidden.

After about six months, i had totally forgotten i had the tattoo. Get one in a place that you can see it and appreciate it.

I prefer black tattoos, as they don't fade as much as light colours such as yellow over time (years).

Enjoy the experience!

12. DeadP1xels

There is a dude i've seen with the lower half of his face almost like a maori warrior he looks pretty scary :jawdrop:

13. DeadP1xels

See thats really intresting, what makes you say that? more curiousity really than trying to change your mind on them :D

It used to be because they where associated with gangs and stuff but its not like that anymore

14. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Its not a question of gangs or anything like that. Its a question of the kind of person who gets tattoos. Now we would all love to live in a sweet little world where the way you dressed, talked or behaved meant nothing, but we all make assumptions. We make assumptions if we see someone smokes, how they talk, the way they dress. And if you get a tattoo your sending a (permanent) message about the kind of social class you belong to. Which is fine if your comfortable with that, its a free country.

15. DeadP1xels

Hmmmmmmm i see where you're coming from

I can't really say anything more to that just wanting to know :thumb:

16. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Thats just my opinion, glad to see your taking it as such. Its the old thing about not agreeing but defending your right to do it :)

17. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Doesn't that say more about the people who make assumptions more than it does the people who get tattoos?

I have to say your last and previous post where both either thinly disguised flame bait or, as I am assuming, just a simple lack of maturity.

Please tell me what class you think a tattoo labels you and why do you think they are vile?

18. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

It does definitely say as much about the people making the assumptions. It wasn't however flame-bait, just because you disagree doesn't mean you should write off the opinion.

Let me phrase it in another way. When your trying to sell a house, the best way to sell it is to paint it with neutral colours. That way, no matter what person comes who is interested in the house, they see a neutral canvas that could then be turned into what they want. I suspect you would put people off if you spray painted symbols on the outside of the house.

walle likes this.
  19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Ok then how would you define that?

Let's see now. David Beckham, any member of the Bloods or Crips, Angelina Jolie, Glen Benton (lead singer for Deicide, preposterously heavy death metal), Lily Allen, Bill Bailey, my 58 year old uncle, me.........

Are they all the 'same kind of person'?

Anyway. Whilst i personally quite like tribal it is being seen as 'tacky' by some of the tattoo community nowadays, Its easy to get around this kind of thinking by having something design by you or specifically for you instead of going into a parlour and picking from a book of flash, having something unique is vastly important I think since, as has been said, it's there forever.

P.S. Did you really have to lead with a picture of musics biggest douche? :lol:

20. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yes it does, but I am not sure that is the point really, if you are worried about how other people perceive you, then give them nothing to make assumptions on.

Ph4ZeD just seems to be a hard hitter, a straight talker and was saying what he thought. I wouldn't read too much into it :hehe:

I personally have no problems with tattoos, providing they aren't overdone and aren't offensive. I have none of my own because I have never felt I needed to display a certain part of me or my life on my body. But I wouldn't judge someone for having a few.