1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos A quick grab

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Da Dego, 7 Oct 2008.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hey all,

I was out in my back yard on Sunday taking a ten minute break from all the crap I should be doing, and found a nice Monarch butterfly floating about. So, I grabbed the camera and started getting some shots. I've only actually processed one fully, because I felt like it was compositionally stronger than just "it's a picture of a butterfly." So, I figured I'd toss it out here to share as well as to see if anyone had any C&C.

Note: Firefox doesn't seem to want to display the adobe RGB color space all that well, so if you want to see some more of the color depth in the wings, you'll want to download it and look there.

[​IMG]

2. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I love the colours and composition with just two little niggles, the flowers in the bottom right are too in-focus compared to the flowers in the bottom center, its a small circle of clarity that draws attention away from the center. And the inner purple frame just doesn't do it for me, it blends into the bottom flowers and top of the picture yet clashes with the greenery. Have you tried using the orange from the wing instead, to draw attention and reflect the butterfly more? I never seem to be able to get close to butterflies with them flying off.

3. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Honestly how do you pro guys get such lovely colours and stuff.. it's just NOT fair!

4. ssR

ssR Carbon God

i really like the strong colors and the overall composition in this one. I wish the butterfly was positioned just a little lower in the frame, but it's still very good :)

5. Vers

Vers ...

I actually think this may look nice in a square crop and I don't say that very often. Nice image overall :thumb:

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Good job. The color composition works very well.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Simply lovely :)

8. computerman5

computerman5 What's a Dremel?

That's nice quick shot. I like it.

Tags: