1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Using a flash gun with a Fuji S5600

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by CrapBag, 18 May 2014.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I only have a Fuji S5600 camera which is fine for basic photography.

I recently bought a cheap light box which came with 4 back grounds and two lights (which started to melt after left on for ten minutes, cheap chinese crap) and it works okay but it needs the cameras flash as well to take a reasonable picture but then I get glare off shinier objects.

I have a Sigma EF-430ST flash gun which I want to mount and fire onto the top of the light box and somehow fire remotely.

Is this even possible with the camera I have as it doesn't have a hot shoe or any other form of connection.

The Sigma is part of my old 35mm kit and was hoping to reuse it.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

144 views but no advice :(

Or is my equipment just not capable?

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

What you need is a flash with an optical sensor. It will allow you to use the onboard flash set to a low power to trigger the off camera flash. You'll need to set the off camera flash manually, but that's nothing. look for an old SB-800/900. Or, if they even still make them, there is a a hot shoe that has the optical trip built in. I haven't looked into them in years, but try B&H video.

fwiw, wein was the company that made the best units. but they have a price.

Last edited: 23 May 2014