1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Cisco 3560-24ps-s POE to cameras

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tytech, 26 Jun 2015.

1. tytech

tytech What's a Dremel?

Is it as simple as that?
    Can I just connect the cameras into the switch being that it says POE and it will power and work??
    :wallbash:

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

yes as long as you dont exceed the maximum output of the cisco switch over POE

there is a standard but diffrent units can output different amounts and may not be able to service all 24 ports at full load

3. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yes and no. There are different PoE standards. Most PoE products work on the 15w that you get from PoE. Some require higher amounts. This is where people get caught out. The 802.3af vs 802.3at. Most products seem to work on both, but occasionally you get a burn or two.

4. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

The only PoE cameras that would require 802.3at are ones with really beefy built in heaters or PTZ on large cameras. Check the specs on your camera to be sure.

With regards to the 3560 itself - you can use it as a dumb switch with full PoE support, but I'd still at the very least put a console + enable secret password on it.