1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flogging the Wrong Dead Horse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Jul 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Fox News is my favorite! Whenever I want to be told what to think anyways. Biass is different from stating the obvious, and Symantec is saying the given: that this new microsoft is just as insecure as the previous versions. With time anything is vunerable and can be minipulated. Rupert Murdok and co. are biass, ignorant conjurers of truth that feed simple minds feelings of understanding and patriotism... :D

3. Mad Evil

Mad Evil What's a Dremel?

never liked Symantec anyway :D and on Vista - don't really care for all it's fluffy Aero stuff, as long as it doesn't have any network issues/bugs

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i agree somewhat that dog food should be their next line of work, after all they've made a dogs dinner of reporting a flaw in some Beta software

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I agree, tatics like this Shouldn't be part of a company's strategy, but this is the 21st century and they're here to stay. As someone over in the discussion on AMD=ATI said, "Companies go broke by working hard". Anymore working hard and making good products is not a winning strategy. Companies succeed by convincing increasingly uncomprehending consumers that their product is better regardless of the facts. In this market an ounce of hype is better than a pound of good technology and, sadly, I don't see it changing anytime soon :sigh:

6. CJs06

CJs06 What's a Dremel?

It is sad, that businesses will prey on the many ignorant people out there who have more money than sense.

Makes you wonder how it will end if it ever will.

7. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I dont think it ever will, like Cthippo says, these are the tactics of the 21st century. And to many corporations ingorant people = $$$ and are fair game! I must admit in the last few days i've lost an enormous amount of respect for symantec. :sigh:

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Symantec are the new microsoft though tbh, buying up everything that looks decent, getting the utter noobs to buy crappy bloated software that doesn't work well just beause of comparatively heavy marketing. It does't surprise me at all that they're playing dirty. Only real thing I'm sad about is that they make just about the best virus definitions in existance, but I'm happy to miss a few percent more viruses in exchange for giving my money to a less bad company.

9. img

img Minimodder

shame. maybe microsoft should start telling people about the flaws found in syamantec software. Really a lot of people dont like their software but they do really do the best virus def`s shame their software is so much more resource hungry. Corp version is much better as well

10. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

I hate all symantec/Norton software with a passion.
    The very definition of bloatware IMO.

NOD32 F T W! :)

11. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

symantec do make one good product, their Corperate AV "Symantec Antivirus" (10.1.x // 10.2.x(vista)) which has consecutavly been one of the top // if not the top performer in AV testing results.

but thatsthe only good thing to say about them :p

12. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

And that's the kind of blinkered thinking that allows this sort of thing (and Fox) to exist. "A" can't be slightly better than "B", "A" must be the best thing since sliced bread and "B" absolute scum. :sigh:

It's only frigging software; what do you think causes most road accidents, car faults or motorist faults?

Tags: Add Tags