1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus A8N Sli Deluxe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kenco_uk, 27 Dec 2005.

1. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm setting up an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe and notice there's no SLI Bridge or ATX Backplate in the box. Does anyone know where I could get them from? Is it worth ringing the Asus UK phoneline, i.e. is there any form of customer service they offer for this kind of thing?

Many thanks for any help.

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I'd try the Asus UK phone - they do keep lines open for replacement parts... I know, because people have had to have their chipset coolers replaced. However, the Asus UK offices were very near the blast in Hemel so you might not be able to get through easily :(

If you have time and can't get through to them, it might be worth sending it back to the place of purchase and getting a replacement product.

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The backplate will be easy to get hold of, the SLI brigde probably won't be, since some modders a while back were turning non-SLI boards into SLI boards, they needed bridges though, as a result, the things seem to be quite "controlled" by the manufacturers, and not easy to get. I'd email Asus and explain they weren't in box.

4. kenco_uk

I've sent a sort of technical query thing using their site. There's no UK email?! Unless someone knows different.

Thanks for your help btw :)

5. Valo

Valo Minimodder

a little off topic from my side: specofdust - what do you mean by turning non sli board into sli boards? could you link me with some details??

6. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

nF4 chipsets are all the same, just with various parts enabled or disabled. Boards which used the same PCB design and BIOS for the whole series (good example is the DFI Lanparty) could be modded to SLI by removing the northbridge cooler and bridging some contacts on the nF4 chip itself. More info is on DFI-Street.

7. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Ebay ? £9.99 with free postage

Where did you get the board from? Is it a "used" one form E-buyer or summin?(board only jobbas)

8. kenco_uk

Ordered as brand new. Which surprises me. Asus are usually good. Everything else was there, including the sixteen billion sata cables. Just no backplate or bridge :(

Thanks for the ebay link btw :)

9. AWACS

AWACS What's a Dremel?

obviously someone forgot or failed to put them in... I got both the backplate and the bridge with mine...

edit: my bad... (mixed some things)

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

ASUS UK is kinda out of action at the moment as a result of the explosion in Hemel Hempstead... if there's a general technical support line, give that a call... if not, drop me a PM and I'll try and get hold of someone who you can talk to.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Is there any word on whether this will be delaying mobo stocks bigz?

12. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a reason for the huge A8N32 shortage at the moment, as noted in Bit's review.

13. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Forgive me if I've just missed something, as I'm getting tired, but where did you get it from, and was it new? If so, just demand a replacement, or the retailer to send you the missing parts. After all.. if they should be there, they're obliged to provide them for free.

If it's used, and I missed that, then I'm sorry... I should go to bed. :hehe:

14. kenco_uk

Have you tried demanding anything from ebuyer?

btw bigz, sent you a pm earlier. Hope you got it.

15. byteman

byteman What's a Dremel?

i have a couple extra connectors and back plates... :D
    the problem is: im from Portugal :rolleyes:

if you still need it email me:

pedrocosta@puroinstinto.com

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

I think everything is dealt with via Taiwan, distribution wise. They could just be delayed on that front.

Kenko, I'm awaiting a reply from one of my contacts at ASUS UK - he should get back to me soon. :)