1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Outlook 2003 Signatures

Discussion in 'Software' started by damien c, 30 May 2014.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Bit of a weird one this.

At work we use Office 2003, and within our department we have to open a database up in Access 2003 multiple times a day.

For some people when they open up Access 2003 the install sheild box appears and the little blue line goes all the way to the end as if, it's going to install fine but then it drops down to the start.

It's this box that appears but obviously for Access 2003.

[​IMG]

This happens everytime they run Access 2003, and after this the signature that they have set in Outlook 2003 is deleted.

When we ran Windows XP it was easy to fix with just a simple registry fix, but with Windows 7 apparently according to our IT department that won't work anymore.

Now the weird thing is for some of us, this doesn't happen.

As you can imagine this is quite annoying for those who loose the signature and have to put it back each time.

I have searched on Google but come up with nothing, and I cannot go round really doing to much as I am not a admin but it would be good to pass on to our IT department.

Has anyone come across this before?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Argg this problem...
    It happens with all Office when something screws up.

You need to re-install Office. But not a just re-install.
    You need to uninstall it completely following these instruction by Microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2639197

Then open the registry, and go to:
    -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office, and delete it if it there.
    -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office Labs, and delete it if it there.
    -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office, and delete it if it there.

Restart the computer.
    And now you can install Office 2003 back, and you SHOULD have no problem after that.
    Please note that the above assumes local account not one on the domain. Make sure sure a local account of your system works fine first (example: Admin). Then see if it is fixed for a domain account. If the domain account has the issue, then you need to check why that is the case. Probably something related to the registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive) that needs to be cleared.

The above is the easiest way I could found.
    Please note also that I am going by memory, it has been a while I had this issue. I think they fixed it with Office 2010 and up, but I don't want to speak to fast. I just never encountered it at work or personally on any device/computer.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Passed the information on to the IT department and will see what they say but it's looking like they are just going, to try a package it from a working pc and deploy it over the network to everyone.