1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sources say Phenom delayed, AMD denies

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Surely if AMD says they are on time, those mobo makers are having a laugh, right?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

yeah, I can't help but think it's someone looking for better allocation from Intel.

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

AMD are already in trouble so it wouldn't make sense for them to do this.
    It sounds like empty rumour-mongering to me.

5. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

i reckon it probably was an empty rumour to be honest but whats really important is that they are competitive at lauch with current Intel Quads and future ones or else, quite frankly, AMD are boned

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

If they delay it they're lost for at least another year I'd say. But I don't think they'll be that stupid. On the other hand if Phenom won't be able to beat or at least win some ground on Penryn/Wolfdale... yea, perfect! Crank up the clocks! We're back in the GHz-race! ...stupid...

But a little off-topic stuff:

Those names?! I mean... what the? Phenom X4 GP-7100 and GP-7000... I can kinda see where that's heading but Phenom X2 GS-6550? Why not 6500 to start with? Why not 6000? And last and weirdest (at least for me): FX-80? If they kicked "Athlon" as a brand why didn't they switch that brand too? FX CPUs lost a lot of their attractivity during the last 12 month so a new beginning would've been the way to go. ;)

7. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

I'm betting publicity stunt, their's no reason to delay a product like this that would kill AMD's profits.

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

AMD probably won't risk another delay. If anything, this is a sign of short supply for the release, resulting in higher prices.

9. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

to be honest im only going to be happy if it out performs conroe and possibly penryn but i fear performance will probably only be on a par

10. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

It's make or break time for AMD really tbh otherwise it will left in the dust. Fingers crossed it will perform well.

Tags: Add Tags