1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti cuts march in london

Discussion in 'Serious' started by G0UDG, 18 Sep 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Morning all in case anyone is interested theres an anti cuts march happening in london organised by the TUC and anti cuts movements across the country on 20th october, were expecting 500,000 plus at least thats the plan we need as much support as possible to make an impact so if you can come and support the march on the day. Starting from hyde park More info to follow

Last edited: 18 Sep 2012
    Apophis54 and YEHBABY like this.
  2. G0UDG

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

That website says nothing about the reason for marching, why are you marching?

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Mmmm...no thanks.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Take something to eat and drink and a vessel to piss in. I suspect your going to be kettle'd for a long time. :p

6. G0UDG

no offence but did you read my post at all its an anti cuts march to protest against the uk government cuts to disabled services,the NHS as a whole and other essential services for instance the closure of all the remploy factories supplying work to those disabled people who can do some things but are being targetted in the cuts they will have nothing if these cuts are allowed to be implemented, thats why were marching to stop the cuts and stop the systematic slaughter of disabled people by ATOS.

I take it from your post Baboon youve either misunderstood my post or have the view that opposing the cuts is wrong being a disabled person myself and one of those affected I am not prepared to accept the abuse from both cameron and his cronies and also ATOS

Pookeyhead and YEHBABY like this.
  7. longweight

I did read your first post and it just mentions cuts, not where they will be made and the website that you linked to is extremely vague.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No need to get tetchy G0UDG; it's a valid question. You stated the reasons for the march in only very general terms and the website does not clearly explain the reasons either (=epic fail!). So if you could give a brief paragraph about the issues that would be helpful.

9. G0UDG

Im sure most people know the current situating regarding the goverment cuts I assumed naturally people would realise the reason for the march If I sounded touchy it wasnt meant in that manner I am not too good in my health these days so please excuse any mistakes in my grammar and the way I put things over no offence or touchyness is meant as many of my friends on here know I am disabled and prone to making mistakes.

If you wish to disrespect me Fine, Ive had worse and can take more than you can give and also give twice as much back.

YEHBABY likes this.
  10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I will be at the pro cuts march. See you there. :thumb:

11. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

While I don't perticularly support the governments policy on cut, I think marching does very little except inconvenience people not involved which never wins favour with the public.

I do however think there needs to be a change to the benefit system for disabled people in this country, not the one the government are suggesting btw.

12. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Yeah, because cutting services to vulnerable people and making people unemployed has really worked well over the last couple years hasn't it? Let's keep doing it eh :rolleyes:

Teelzebub likes this.
  13. longweight

Is there a website that actually has some facts on this?

14. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

It's too late to ask him now Dan. He's left the forum :(

Despite being a man who's seriously ill he tirelessly works for other people's causes, for which he should be applauded not ridiculed by certain members imho

YEHBABY likes this.
  15. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Could try BBC daily politics website they where talking about this on the show last week, as far as I can tell its something to do with disability allowance cut under something called universal credit.

An example : child disability benefit to be cut from £56 to £26 per week.

Teelzebub likes this.
  16. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It doesn't take a genius to see that ploughing money into services isn't the answer. I'm by no means saying that everyone needs cuts, but they are needed. Reckless spending and people getting used to having whatever they want whenever they want have led us to the position we are in.

I believe that the vulnerable do indeed require help, but by reallocating resources from those that don't need it. The answer isn't to always spend spend spend, its to stop making the NHS a black hole, and its to make people realise that a new TV, SKY and god knows what else are not peoples birth given rights.

Yes, there are people who have it tough out there, but there are also those who say that have it tough and have more expensive TV's and clothes than I have, smoke 40 a day and have 20 pints a week. Its all about priorities. I will strongly support the cuts because I believe they are right and morally just. Short term pain for long term gain.

flibblesan likes this.
  17. Nexxo

Problem is, there are a lot of cuts: in benefits, in housing, council services, the NHS, teacher salaries, police salaries, public service pensions, the military and charity funding to name a few. Which are the protests directed at? What alternatives are proposed? A good protest campaign should be able to state that in a concise paragraph.

I'm sorry, but what did anyone say that was disrespecting you?

I don't think anybody is ridiculing him; just asking for more information about what this protest march is about. The organising site should have stated that, but hasn't, so I was hoping that G0UGD could give us the skinny.

18. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

If you read his post in what's ruining you'd realise it is one of the reasons why he's raised this issue.

Doubtless he has other reasons but now we'll never know ...

To Kevin this subject is serious and I don't think he agrees with you:

[​IMG]

And it isn't the first time either

Teelzebub likes this.
  19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nope, still not feeling it - I don't want to see anyone leave here feeling that way, but I can't find anyone getting any kind of personal in this thread.

Personally, I agree with his sentiment about making sure that the disabled and vulnerable of society are cared for, but the scale of the possible cuts that can be made while still taking decent care is a complex issue. Without us knowing what they are, how can we march for or against it?

20. Nexxo

That sucks for his mate (to put it mildly), but unfortunately I cannot be aware of what people post in other parts of the forum that may or may not pertain to their posts in this thread. Unless you expect people to do a quick "Find all posts by this user" every time they want to interpret a vague post?

Moreover that issue is one of the usual screw-ups that the DWP is prone to, and relates to issues other than cuts.

Nowhere did I state or imply that the subject is not serious, neither did I state or imply disrespect of any kind. We just asked for some clarification --which should not be hard to give for someone who is so passionate, and therefore informed about the subject.

I'm sorry that G0UDG took offence because I know he's an OK guy with a heart of gold, but that does not mean offence was given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.