1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When misogyny levels up

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Anfield, 15 Nov 2014.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Between discussions of gamergate, that video from New York and some scientists shirt it appears bit-tech has so far missed out on what is probably the worst misogyny currently being a topic on the internet.

"Dating Coach" Julien Blanc wants to come to the UK and he needs to be stopped.

You can find the petitions here:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petitio...Secretary_UK_Shut_down_the_Rape_Guru/?wMZnHhb

and

http://www.change.org/p/uk-home-office-deny-julien-blanc-a-uk-visa?recruiter=37771620

Now just what is a Julien Blanc?

WARNING: Extremely offensive content ahead, a bucket will not be sufficient as a vomit catching device, the use of several bathtubs is adviced.

He calls himself a "pick up artist" and makes a living from it by instructing men how to get girls, through violence and intimidation.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/take-down-blanc

He also mixes up attempted rape with racism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYP-0vdnwUw

Further he also appears to be active on tinder and the likes manipulating and abusing whoever falls into his trap:

http://tindersfinestbachelors.tumblr.com/post/101828535893/his-mother-must-be-proud

The above link also contains screencaps of his twitter account, where he of course claims his verbal diarrhoea would be "just joking", but given the evidence it is likely to be an accurate reflection of what is really in his twisted mind.

More of his "musings" can be found on his website:

http://www.pimpingmygame.com/

He was even nice enough to include pictures of himself choking women.

So ehh I'd say he is less of a "dating coach" and more of a rape instructor.

So in the interest of public safety he should be kept out of the UK, so please sign the petitions:

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petitio...Secretary_UK_Shut_down_the_Rape_Guru/?wMZnHhb

and

http://www.change.org/p/uk-home-office-deny-julien-blanc-a-uk-visa?recruiter=37771620

(unless of course you'd prefer giving him a bed in Broadmoor).

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This and Dapper Laughs in the same year? Does Britain have a giant Chauvinist Creeps 4 Lyfe t-shirt on or something? :sigh:

The little principled voice in the back of my mind is saying you can't ban someone from a country because you don't like what they say, but in reality of course we can and do do this all the time.

I still haven't signed, though, simply because I'd rather he came here and drew attention to this new 'cool misogyny' subculture. Like the BNP vote spike forced everyone to actually talk about immigration and figure out their views on it, this guy coming to Britain and trying to get people onboard with his vile sexist tripe would provoke a broader and more open discussion of misogyny. It would also draw out a lot of the less confident misogynists in our midst and give us a chance to tell them that they're full of **** - at the moment nobody really voices it or expresses their position either way, we all just assume it's a non-issue and keep quiet.

Not to get too poetic, but this is the beauty of free speech and a free country - everything's self-correcting, given a chance. Sticking Nick Griffin on question time generated sympathy for ethnic minorities and immigrants and galvanized his opponents into speaking up. Letting this idiot get on his soapbox will do the same to those who would oppose sexism but currently think that they don't need to.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I can't believe that people like this actually exist. Not only that, there are men that are willing to pay for and learn the techniques? Nice way to let the side down guys.

However, I do have one thing I need to say and I apologise in advance because it will probably upset the women present on the forums. Why can people like this pick up women? Why can't women see past the unbelievable ********? Why don't they lamp the slimy little f*****s in the b******s when they try this kind of s**t?

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

For every dysfunctional guy who feels the need to engage with women in this way, there is a dysfunctional woman who will fall for it. Luckily most won't.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

And they deserve each other.

It's just a shame that this scummy sociopathic attitude has made everyone so defensive; it tars all men by association. As soon as you try to talk to a woman the asumption is that you're playing the same game: delivering a calculated pitch to try and trick her into sex. It's a nasty assumption, but a fair one, because a good chunk of the guys in bars and pubs are doing exactly that.

What I can't work out is why guys bother. A guy I know prides himself on this sort of bull**** and sometimes offers to be my wingman; I try to explain that my turn-on is girls who actually want to be with me and don't need to be tricked into it, and that I find casual sex unappealing, and he looks at me like I'm missing the point of being male.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Indeed.

Do you acknowledge that a woman can be more than a penis receptacle?

Then you can look forward to men calling you gay or offering you retarded tips on how to escape the "friendzone".
    Of course you can reduce the problem to some extent by being very picky about who you consider a friend, but ultimately there is always that one dickhead who can't wrap his head around the concept of friendship involving more than one gender.

Just try announcing at work that you went out with a woman for dinner with zero intention of getting into her pants...
    (insert some people just want to watch the world burn joke)

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Every group is judged by it's craziest members. Athiests get Richard Dawkins, Christians get Fred Phelps, Conservatives ger Rush Limbaugh, and men get...well, OK, maybe not this guy exactly, but you get my drift.

A lot of women go to bars for the same reason guys go to bars, to meet other people, and in some cases to take them home for the night. That doesn't mean it's OK to drug or rape a woman "because that's what they wanted", but to some extent what you get at a bar is what it says on the tin.

I can't speak for your friend the guy you know, but I think in a lot of cases it's desperation. A lot of guys believe that this is the ONLY way they can get women.

I suspect for some it's like arguing, except if you win, you get sex. The point isn't so much to be right, but to defeat the other person. For a lot of these guys the point isn't so much the sex as the victory.

While I am not a "pick-up artist" by any means, I have certainly been in places in my life where I can understand the appeal. Like all men I've had my heart ripped out and stomped on by women at one point or another, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. I can understand the impulse to take revenge on all women for what one did to me in the past. Even though I live with my G/F, who I love very much, I often times feel like no woman could ever love me for who I am, and so resorting to these sort of tactics would seem like the only way to not spend the night alone. It's not right and I don't agree with it, but yeah, i can understand why it happens.

9. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet