1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards The Mini ITX Dilemma

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atanum141, 26 Apr 2010.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

So guys I need some info on this mobo as im looking to up/downgrade to an ITX platform for my 775 rig.

The main thing i need to know is the Hybrid SLi that's avail on the board, what generation of Geforce will that work with? Im gonna get myself a Lian Li PC-Q07B so the only choices i can see are single slot 8800GT's but I wonder that as its an older card would the Hybrid SLi work with it? or would i need a newer card?

The dilemma im seeing is that all the current gen Nvidia cards are all double slot which the PC-Q07 will have issues with. i would like to have a gfx card thats capable playing the Source games only at decent rez with no issues however all the current stuff from Nvidia look pants.

If worse comes to worse I may have to keep my Sapphire 4870 and rehouse the HDD in a different slot.

So Hybrid SLi would it be worth it or not?

Or could any of you lot suggest me a nice single slot ATi card that takes low power but can play the games i want @ 1680x1050.

2. fata1_666

fata1_666 ...

some 4830's and 4850's come with single slot version with a cooler mounted in the middle rather than the dual slot cards, or theres a third party cooler and the famous dreamel to make a graphics a card a single slot. or a new case a SilverStone Sugo SG05 for example that will fit dual slot cards

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

The way i understand it is that the hybrid SLi is for the lower end of the spectrum anyway and the 'best' card you could use would be a 8500GT, Theres some info on THISforum.

If thats the case id say it isnt worth it for you because the hybrid sli setups never going to be better your 4870.

4. ShakeyJake

ShakeyJake My name is actually 'Jack'.

I can vouch for the the Silverstone SG05 if you need a small case with room for a massive card. Mine is a server but I have had a GTX280 in there before.

Source isn't particularly powerful though is it? Whenever I go back home my brother regularly kicks my backside at CS:S on an integrated 8200 chip, at quite high framerates.