1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Need a new AM3+ board, Advice required

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sonicgroove, 10 Apr 2014.

1. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

I built my mate a PC about 4 yrs ago based around the Asus M4A88TD-M Evo and a 1055T. We installed an SSD into it about a year ago, and I remember having hell on getting it to recognise it after Windows was installed. Sometimes it would show in the BIOS, other times it wouldn't, but it kept just telling me to install a bootable drive.

Eventually it 'saw' the drive and booted up as normal. It's been fine since, but his Mechanical Storage HDD failed the other day so he bought a new 2TB one and I just installed it today. All I did was remove the old one and replace it with the new one. Now we are back to the old loop again, but this time it doesn't want to boot at all. It sees the HDD's in the bios, the boot order is fine, but it refuses to boot into windows. I have tried switching from AHCI to IDE and back again, Tried removing everything but the SSD but nothing works. I can only conclude that the Mobo is shafted.

So I find myself looking for a replacement and realise that I don't have a clue which are good and which are pants. I found this one which looks ok, but can I do better for similar money?

Any help would be appreciated, as I have had a helluva day banging my head against a brick wall with this one.

TIA