1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asus Maximus V Gene Windows install issue.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 15 Apr 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

OK I bought it. http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=268694 and this morning I swapped it with my Sniper. But I could not get past the loading files screen. I got a couple of BSOD's, no message just a number.

The first and most common was 0x00000124 and after removing 4GB RAM and disconnecting 2 HDD's so that just the boot SSD and optical drive was left I got 0x0000009c then back to the first error code.

I suspect on checking the memory support page on the Asus V Gene page, that the board is not overly keen on my 8GB of Criucial blt2cp2g3d1608dt2txobceu though I am sure the mobo Supports it.

Not really sure what to do next.

Edit: Just tried the mobo with 8GB G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and no problem installing Windows. Next thing to try is to swap the G-Skill with the Crucial and see if I can get things to work. I currently have the V Gene on a desk with various spare bits connected.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2014
  2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Back to the Drawing board. Removed the Crucial ram from my current Sniper set up replaced that with the G-Skill. PC booted.
    Placed Crucial RAM in the V Gene. Windows currently installing. CPU is a a G620. Hmmm.

Edit: It might have something to do with the Asmedia Sata ports on the Mobo after having a look around the Asus ROG forums. But not sure as yet.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2014