1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Ducky Shine III Magenta LEDs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hex, 10 Jan 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Hey! The 'i' key on my old Ducky Shine 3 Magenta is starting to die, suddenly it became really dim compared to the others and Google has informed me this is the beginning of the end for the LEDs! So I want to get a few for replacement surgery.

I believe they are 3mm but obviously, it'd be handy if anyone knows what would be an exact replacement. Especially colour-wise. This is where I wish I'd got a more normal colour. Every place I've found linked to online as selling identical replacements only does Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/White. :sigh:

For now, I've just changed the settings so they're not constantly lit, but every time I see the 'i' key all dim and sad I get annoyed!

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

You want 3mm flangeless but in magenta they seem to be hard to come by as I wanted to redo my daughters board with them.

I have inserted flanged leds into cherry switches and they don't seem to cause an issue but don't quote me on that.

A quick google shows a full set but would have to be imported I think.

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Drop Margo Baggins a PM. Tell him I sent you :thumb:

4. Hex

Yeah, that's exactly what I found. Import them or get non-Magenta ones! Even with Magenta I really hope they're the same colour. Some seem pinker and others more bluey purple.
    Oooh, will do, thank you :)

5. Hex

Didn't get anywhere with this sadly. So, has anyone in the UK ordered from the MaxKeyboards.com site before?