1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics PSU for older Rocker X Video Game Chair

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dawg218, 1 Jan 2009.

1. dawg218

dawg218 What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone... I just recently got a "new" Rocker X video game chair from a friend, model #51225. Only one problem... He couldn't find the power supply for it. So, I have the chair but no ability to actually utilize it for music. I can't find anyone locally who would sell proprietary power supplies since it runs off 10V DC, anyone know how to get hold of one?

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

how many amps does it consume? try feeding it with those standard 9V power supplies if the amp consumption is low enough...

edit: either that or ebay for one...

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

According to the spec sheet on here, it needs 1.2A. That's probably not the same model as yours though, I'm not even sure it's the same manufacturer! (There doesn't seem to be an obvious manufacturer website anywhere...)

4. jakenbake

jakenbake full duplex

exactly. you'll need to original to tell you what voltage at what amperage. When you go to buy one, match the voltage and make sure it has at least the original rated amperage (more amperage doesn't hurt, but less does)

edit: you sure you got the model # right? http://www.xfunctional.com/service.htm

also, it looks like the voltage and amperage is rated on the input to the chair (at least according to the picture in the manual).

good luck

Last edited: 2 Jan 2009
  5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Note that's 10V 1200mA AC, not DC. A 9V AC adaptor would probably work fine and be much easier to find than 10V, unless you buy the correct one from the chair maker. Worth emailing for a price.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ooops, should've looked a bit closer. :p