1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Corsair 330R Project Planning

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pindyman, 25 Jun 2015.

1. Pindyman

Pindyman What's a Dremel?

Hey all

So I am in the process of acquiring a corsair 330R that I will be using for my first ever mod project. I know its not really a cse for modding but hey getting it for a great price plus I always liked corsairs build quality. I want to keep as much of the original parts as untouched as possible so that I can at least replace them if my mod go sideways lol. Colour schemes I am considering so far are either white/red, white/black or white/blue. At the moment it is only in the planning stages so got a whole lotta ideas running around this noggin of mine and nothing is set in stone yet.
    I am considering make the following changes to the case:
    1. Remove front door and change chassis colour to white both inside and out perhaps change internal colour to match colour scheme or vice versa.
    2. Fabricate replacement front door (If possible). Thinking Perspex here but not sure if want clear which is sand blasted, white or black.
    3. Have a design/logo cut into replacement front door which will be backlit buy LED matching colour scheme.
    4. Replace right side panel with clear Perspex (don’t want to cut up the original panel so need to find a way to have this mounted)
    5. Fabricate PSU shroud out of sheet metal and add custom logo/design into shroud along with LED backlighting.
    6. Move HDD cage to allow space for 240m rad in the front
    7. Fabricate Shroud to hide 5.25 bays as well as HDD cage
    I will try to make a few mock ups of my ideas and post it here for your opinions.

Now I come to the point of my thread lol…does anyone know how to remove the strip containing the catches for the panel without damaging it. I know I can get one fabricated but working on a tight budget. Also if anyone has any other ideas of how to secure the panel please share them lol.