1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning How have you incorporated speakers into your desk builds?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by thegreywizard, 29 Nov 2015.

1. thegreywizard

thegreywizard What's a Dremel?

So I'm planning my desk case build and trying to figure out how to have speakers incorporated into them.

I really don't want speakers sitting on top of the desk itself and there aren't many monitor attached speakers and if there are, they probably aren't the best anyways.

I don't need the absolute best, but would like a pair of quality speakers to add to the desk case build, something that would be flush with the case itself.

So I'm thinking either towards the back cable area, cut out into the cover & under the monitors or up front on either side of the leg space area?

Thoughts on placement and suggestions on 2 quality speakers that are fairly priced? I'm assuming I'll need a good sound card to go with them, so suggestions on that are also welcomed.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Is it a desk space or aesthetic thing? If its a desk space thing then you could get or make speaker stands at a similar level to the desk. Or you could wall mount them.

If its aesthetic, you could buy just the drivers and build your own enclosures right into the desk. I would think there are plans out there, for building speaker enclosures.

3. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

The only issue with mounting speakers directly into your desk is with any volume, the entire desk will vibrate, a lot.

I'm guessing wall mounts are out of the question? As that would be your best option in both sound (having speakers lower than you will basically mean you will get a lot of bass but not much else) and vibration.

4. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

vibration is what i was thinking also

my suggestion is to mount the decent speakers on poles on the corners of the desk
    not what you wanted

but those subs can really shake some windows