1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Theme/Ideas for modded PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ShdSteel, 14 Mar 2016.

1. ShdSteel

ShdSteel What's a Dremel?

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance as this is my first post here on the forums.

I've been putting together PCs now for about 5 years now mostly just as my personal computer. The previous build being my first try at water cooling.

Recently though I've been considering the idea of working to build a custom modded pc case and build. This is actually a thought I had since I put my current price together 2 years ago.

[​IMG]

So for the main topic of this thread is this, what would people suggest as creative ideas for a case mod / themed water cooling build? I've put in now about a months planning but am still unsure of a finalized plan. I'm also anticipating Lian li height adjustable desk case.

Hardware wise for specs I do mostly have that down and plan on getting this years run of Gpus, most likely AMD for the first time, and having 2-4 cards. End result, I plan on running surround displays at 1440p(4K monitors above 60hz don't seem to be obtainable enough yet).

Price wise I really don't have a budget but would like to keep it reasonable. An idea I've had though was working with vintage style radios and forming a PC inside one of those. And ideally working in some way to use tube amps for extra effect ( be it real tubes or just lookalike bulbs). I've found either by taking an actual radio apart and installing Windows and hardware inside or taking a cube case(corsair 540) and turning it into a radio seems to be the best bet for that approach.

Again, what would everyone like to see in terms of themed builds or case mods? I'd also love to do something real cool for a water cooling loop.

Thank you in advance and again I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

2. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

the idea of a theme is to do something that YOU like
    you could make it IronMan themed
    or make a theme from Wall-e
    or anything you like/love

let the creativity fly

3. ShdSteel

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Possible radio idea. I'd mount 3 3x3 radiators along the bottom while still retaining the cloth mesh using it as a filter I guess. Up top I can get custom cut glass for Windows to see into the inside.

4. ShdSteel

Alright sounds good, thank you! I posted a few pictures in regards to the radio so once its approved let me know what you think!

5. ShdSteel

Also found an old large box tube tv that could be a possibility too. Waiting to hear back if the tv tube would free up most of the weight though if removed as its way too heavy at the moment to be practical.