1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Cloudy Res :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LukeDaly, 15 Feb 2012.

1. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Hello, just wondering what could have caused my new water cooling res to get cloudy, its brand new not even a month old, every single part is brand new, I also rinsed all my stuff with white vinegar and distilled water before filling it :/ also it seems my haf-x is simply a pita to water cool in.. anybody got any idea where I could move this bloody cylinder res too as it simply looks dung here :/

any ideas for improvements on the looks of the case are very welcome, thanks Luke

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

My inital thought was oop, more plasterciser leaching, but opening your post and looking at the pictures... Looks like condensation; pop some more liquid in and it'll be gone.

3. feathers

feathers Minimodder

LOL! I wondered what he was on about. Imagined cloudy liquid with fungal growth, instead what we see is a bit of condensation!

:)

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That's always going to happen so long as your loop goes through temperature changes. Just keep it filled if you are really concerned about it.

If anything; I'd be more concerned about your 580s cooking in that scenario. Even with a gap between my two 550Tis and a 180MM AP fan throwing air at the fans; I still see a five degree difference between the two under load.

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Is that a fan/shroud feeding air into the 2 x 580's? There is something covering the front of the 580's.

6. .//TuNdRa

That looks like a support bracket to stop the cards from warping under their own weight, with holes in to feed power cables through. I doubt it aids airflow, unless there's a hidden fan in there somewhere.

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I see.

2 x 580. Nice.

8. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Theres a 120mm fan in the gpu support bracket, and its not condensation, ill add newer photos asap, doing thia from iphone atm...

9. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

without saying condensation again, not sure how much I can contribute to this thread without repeating what people have said, What I will ask is that a P67 Maximus IV extreme?

10. .//TuNdRa

Quick way to check; Power off your loop, (Assuming there isn't enough coolant in the intake pipe to full this res); Remove top of res, rub cloudy bit. Is it wet? Condensation. No? I think your Res may be being eaten. If so; New coolant. Stat.

It does just look like very fine condensation. I get it a buttload in my Balancer because the nickel top is always freezing cold. (well, almost always) so it condenses up there whenever I forget to open my window & up my fans.

11. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I got that in my old setup. It was from the craptastic colored fluid. It left a film as the fluid level dropped over time. If you can take the res apart, its easy enough to remove with a light scrub with soapy water. Then refill the loop with nice clean clear distilled water after a good flush. Likely that film is building in all the tubing and blocks too... it was on mine.

12. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

its the Maximus Iv Extreme-z :)

damn annoying -.- ill have to have a check, have to take the whole rig apart to check tho -.- so will have to wait until the weekend, i never thought that problem would occur with mayhems dye, silver kill coil and pt nuke :(

13. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Just lean the case slightly, if it washes off it's just condensation. Mine did this loads at first, but it's clear now...

14. thetrashcanman

Pete, go check out the Marketplace, there's something possibly going up for sale you may be interested in *cough* ;)

15. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

*Puts down minecraft for 5 minutes and wanders over...*

16. thetrashcanman

Worth it?

17. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

didnt move :/ but tbh im hoping its film as mentioned before :/ i dont my new res stained already god dammit -.-

18. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Ahhh! So there is a fan in there. It kind of looked like it could house a 120 fan.

It still looks like condensation from what I can see but maybe I'm wrong. If you tilt and swish the res and it gets rid then it's condensation... if it stays then you are right... it's not condensation.

Are u using straight distilled water?

I would use Thermochill EC6.

19. LukeDaly

LukeDaly Pokemon Master

Yeh im using distilled, silver kill coil, and pt nuke :/

20. thetrashcanman

I doubt its the Mayhem's dye its pretty good stuff, is that an Ek Copper block?