1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Crew (closed beta)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 23 Jul 2014.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I signed up for the closed beta and not sure it is my style of game

I have a beta key to use and not needing it ,so as long as it is not against any T&C someone can have it.
    I don't believe it is account locked but could be wrong, worth a try if you fancy it

Requirements: Uplay

So first to ask can have it

2. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

damn why wasn't i quicker...

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

For some reason i cannot PM you, the option is not there
    Sort it out you can have it.

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

5. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I kept checking my email to see if I got in the beta.. nothing yet..

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Beta is okay, but there's currently absolutely no "endgame" to the beta, besides grinding the PvP lobbies to get enough money to get a different car. It's a wonderful game to play, but the Beta has most of the content locked off, so there's not enough to entertain me personally for long periods of time at the moment.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Not played many betas before tundra? As none have access to the end game unless they want it testing. WoW raid content in beta is tested as specific times for example with a gm watching your every move.

Star Wars the old republic was just the first 2 worlds and some space stuff none of the instance stuff got unlocked.

If you can just free roam across the map that will be Enough for most people looking at it. Was tempted to pre order but waiting on some decent reviews.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Problem is that, currently, it's incredibly hard to earn money. A new car of a higher grade than the 25~K starter cars is usually circa 100K, 200K if you want a retro muscle, Replaying missions will get you 1 grand a pop, going into PvP only gets you 3K a pop, it takes a really, really long time to earn another car currently.

I imagine that should get better over the course of the game as higher level challenges, missions and PvP lobbies are unlocked, paying out more, but I worry that they'll really force players to buy the Premium currency to speed things along.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

They might just be limiting it for beta not the first company to do so if the high end cars are not yet sorted out.

Or they could be trying for a realistic game when money is not given out so easy.

Most mmos these days give you just enough cash for a mount.

10. JohnRogers24

JohnRogers24 What's a Dremel?

I never got a key, guess I wasn't accepted. :(

11. suragh

suragh Derp

12. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

13. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Downloaded it today after getting a key through that nvidia promotion.

Can't play it though. Click Play on uPlay, and nothing. Have a "TheCrew.exe" in task manager, but nothing else.

Would appear I'm not the only one having this problem either.
    Might be something to do with Antivirus (Avast), but I've added the folder to exclusions and tried disabling and neither worked.

Good job we've got unlimited broadband and didn't just waste 15GB of download allowance, :D

14. rollo

rollo Modder

Played this today had that similar hang problem left it for a minute and it did eventually start.

Once in id say the game looks great and plays pretty well. If the finished product is this well polished then ubisoft may actually of made a decent game. Game has no real run issues once ingame it runs fluidly at the highest settings. ( i7950 2 680s sli is not currently working from what Ive noticed) -

Beta is Beta but it would take most people a good few days to play through the current unlocked skill missions and missions that are avail and get gold in all of them.

You get 4 Starter cars I took the Nissan.

Cash seems easy enough started with about 40-50k brought a car back to 25k then back to 50k again at the end of the first area missions. Thats without going off doing some skill / challange missions. By the time I hit next area id hit 65k in skills and challanges. You end up replaying every skill challange at least once for gold till you have some idea of whats coming and where its ariving from

Level up process seems pretty average for a mmo 1-7 in about 4hrs that I played today.

You can freely roam across any part of America from New york to Las Vegas. Of the 2 mmo betas ive played this year ( Elder scrolls been the other ) this actually has a great deal of potential for Race / Car fans this could be a mmo for us.

15. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah, I got on last night. Took ages to start up, :D

Not played enough to decide anything yet, although first impressions are good.

*EDIT*

Played a bit more this morning, only another hour.

Feels a very nice game. I like how other players are driving around in Free drive too, I've yet to participate in any Multiplayer action yet though.

Cars feel good. It seems very easy to get into a tank slapper though, but that might be because I've got driving assist in hardcore, which I assume means 'off'.
    The driving is challenging but doesn't require sim level concentration, and it's not too easy either, which I find can happen quite a lot with racing games.

The cars look gorgeous, the detail in the models is great, and the way the modification system gives you exploded views is great and shows even more hidden detail.
    Graphic fidelity everywhere else looks great too, and the destructible stuff works well.
    Customisation looks pretty good, maybe not quite as detailed as NFS but much better than Gran Turismo and TDU.

Sounds seem pretty good, will be interesting to see whether/how upgrades affect the sound.

Works nicely with xbox controller, maybe a tad slow on the steering response, but I'm not sure on that yet, need more driving time.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2014
  16. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Just got my key, downloading now :)

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Downloading now

**Update**

Well it's a good looking game but I won't be buying it, as I hate these Simulator games I prefer Arcade style racers.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2014
  18. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've got a Uplay code for this if anyone wants it, I have no plans to play it.

19. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

yes please suenstar!

20. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

:) PM'd the code over.

hoochy likes this.