1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics SLi Issues in GTA 1V

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SuperHans123, 4 Jun 2015.

1. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Just got my 2X EVGA GTX 960 set up in SLi up and running.
    No issues in most games but GTA 1V refuses to play ball. (This is 4, not the 5 that just came out)

I put the SLi visual indicators on and they indicate both GPU's being used until the moment I step outside, then nada, indicator drops to the middle indicating only one card in use.
    Tried various fixes found online and things are definitely set up correctly in the NVidia Control Panel.
    Also entered some hex code into NVidia inspector but still bugger all.
    Anyone got any ideas?

(Playing @ 1080p; rest of rig in sig below for info)

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Make sure SLI is enabled first and foremost
    Then make sure its enabled in the game your wanting to play ( its not by default in any game)
    Make sure you have the driver profile for that game.
    Run something in background to check load on the gpus should be near enough 100% on both gpuss.

3. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

As I said, SLi is enabled in NVidia Control Panel and works fine in most games, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 etc
    Game is added as an SLi profile in the control panel.
    Still nowt.

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Try using geforce experience to change the setup to whatever it deems to be optimal. That might flip a switch somewhere. Or could just be that the gta 4 port was piss poor, as was the game in general.

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Will give it a go m8.
    Some get it to work, some don't reading online.
    I have tried most things suggested to no avail.
    Bizarre that when you enable the SLi visual indicators, it suggests SLi is working when I was indoors but as soon as I stepped out on to the street, the slider indicator when right back to the middle indicating SLi not operational.
    FPS almost 200 in doors, down in the twenties and thirties for bits when outside.