1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks ROG G75VW Review 9 months in the making

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djayness, 1 Feb 2013.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

ASUS and ROG have taken me places literally and everywhere I've been my G75VW comes along with me for the ride. Gaming in distant locations, photo editing, film producing and rendering. It all happens on this machine.

So here it is, my thoughts of the G75VW in the last 9 months of my ownership with it.

Enjoy.

2. elAwesome

elAwesome What's a Dremel?

30fps on Ultra on a gaming laptop?
    I mean cmon, friend of mine has a gaming laptop where he plays BF3 on Ultra with steady 60+ FPS!

3. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

Care to quantify that with resolution, and specs?

4. elAwesome

elAwesome What's a Dremel?

He's running 1600x900 with two GTX580M's.
    It'a a XMG gaming notebook, don't know which exact model.

5. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I'd take full HD over 1600x900 any day and considering I play on medium it's not an issue as the gameplay on BF3 at that setting is 50 and above generally.

6. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

I really like the look of this, but the display doesn't seem that great when compared with the handful of IPS panels available from Dell, HP and Apple. Please tell me I'm wrong...?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Two GTX 580s must make it a foot thick and cost $3000! :p

8. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I fxxking love this laptop, especially when coupled with the matte screen. Was looking at either this or a Sager a while back and went for this due to the worldwide warranty and the overall feel being a lot more, how can I say, finished, if you know what I mean. It also looks quite professional, especially when compared to the MSI and Alien offerings. That is a big plus in my book.

I just wish Asus would update the GFX card to a 675m (or 7970m, but I feel that ASUS want to keep the 3D compatibility more than increase the speed of 'normal' gaming, but as both cards are very quick this wouldn't really be an issue for most people).

9. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Wouldnt need to pay for heating though :thumb:

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Winter is coming!

/Game of Thrones

11. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Ok, so it's good and looks nice, two GPUs in a laptop run hot and winter is coming (very cool that last one).

But what's the display like??

12. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

I have a g73 (as in my sig) and im only selling it due to moving back to desktop gaming, the Asus G series of laptops are absolute belters in terms of value for money when put aside alienware and the likes. The ROG mice/Headset/Backpack that they come with are all of outstanding quality too (the headset is a rebranded steelseries siberia 2)

I also was one of the first people to make a 5 part youtube video review on it as i got one of the first batches to arrive in the uk, and i then released another 2 videos 3 months later on my findings/thoughts/tips and tricks that id found. All in all, amazing value for money, and the G75 follows this on perfectly.

If there was a laptop to take me back into portable gaming, (apart from the Malibal nine series) this is it.

in other news, if anyones interested in a g73, gime a poke :) /pimp, still under warranty till 11/5/2013

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

The 675m is nothing more than a clock bumped GTX580m. Both the 680m and HD7970m are alot faster in real world gaming (coupled with a fast CPU).

Assuming they want to keep 3D the only real option is the GTX680m.

Tags: