1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Boot problems with 4870s in crossfire

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by dh.AL, 28 Aug 2010.

1. dh.AL

dh.AL What's a Dremel?

Thanks for reading, hopefully you can help:

I recently moved from an AM3 motherboard and a Phenom 720 Black edition, to a 1156 motherboard with an i7 860. In doing so, I kept both of my 4870's (1Gb, stock speeds) which worked well in crossfire with my AMD setup without issues (10.5 drivers).
    However, after setting up my new system, and shutting down after playing games for a short while, it will no longer boot. Sometimes it posts, and shuts down, hangs on windows is starting, or will allow me to play games for a short while (5 minutes) before closing.

Temperatures are normal (49~59*C) and my i7 is running at a chilly 30*C, and I have tested both cards separately, removed and reinstalled the drivers many times (10.5 through 10.8), but it rarely boots past windows is starting anymore. On my old system, I used a 650W Corsair power supply, from the TX series, and have upgraded to a 850W, just incase I needed the extra power for the i7.

Any help is appreciated, but the strange thing is how on a few occaisions I have been able to play many games, including crysis on very high, but after a shut down, the system will refuse to fully start with both cards again.

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you try flashing in the f8k beta bios.. get it all running good with 1 card, then add in the second

that tx by corsair is a single rail so you don't have to watch what rails your pulling off of.. if it's not a single rail- you have to watch what goes were when plugging it all in

3. dh.AL

dh.AL What's a Dremel?

I tihkn this might be it:

Seemed fine (with one card, haven't flashed yet). But I noticed something, should the 12 volt rating be that low?

[​IMG]