1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sam Raimi talks about WoW movie

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Jun 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

if you think about it: if they don't get EVERY tiny detail right, fan boys will **** brix about it, and they won't get every tiny detail right, cause everyone will want something different from the movie (myself included). Now think about how many millions of WoW players there are?

So, basically, you going to have the biggest grossing fail of all time, with fanatics screaming "its sux so bad, i watched it like 13 times already)

I smell big stink out of this one

/2c

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

no no no no no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooo. Hollywood should f off and leave our games alone. Some games are bad enough with out you tards putting your on generic crap spin on it. Even a good game doesn't require some clueless idiot whose never played the game trying to turn it into "the next avatar" (I almost said titanic thinking of the movie but ultimatly the boat itself is a great methaphor, an overhyped mess that sinks on release taking lots of people with it!) Southpark wow ep was great but please leave it at that!!

Draksis likes this.
  4. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

just about sums it up, yes

+rep:thumb:

5. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

South Park already did it and it was brilliant, no need for a sequel.

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Why make a movie about WoW? There is a ton of much better games that could be ruined by making a film about them. Mass effect would be a better...oh wait.

7. Sonofalich

Sonofalich What's a Dremel?

In a world without original ideas the film industry moves onto games. As a fast easy buck.
    Beats having to risk it on originality, also if you play Wow, chances are you are going to watch this movie and possibly even purchase it on DVD / Blu-ray etc.

Money money money.

8. El Rando

El Rando I know what a dremel is

+1

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Just let Uwe Boll at it and be done with it.

10. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

The fanatics, sure, but after the first wave of viewers, then the flaming, I don't think that there will be as many people watching it as everyone thinks.

If its good, i'll buy the DVD, but not go watch at the cinema. If its bad, as it most likely will be, i'm not even going to bother - and prob just stop playing WoW cause every server will explode with rage. :thumb:

11. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

ITa called WoW because that's the franchise that made blizzard and warcraft so popular.

But the movie isnt about love stories and all that crap, like Chris Metzen said in an interview "we want a director who realise this isnt about pillow fights, its about war, action and BLOOOD"

sounds great to me.. :D

12. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

£10 says this film gets stuck in development hell and never sees the light of day (in its current form, anyway).

13. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

But will they still all have Beards? including the women?

14. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Not saying that it will turn into a romantic comedy, i was rather referring to the lore, and just plain fact of the Warcraft universe that they will **** up. I'm sure that it will be bloody and war and killing and stuff as well, but anything further than that will fail :grr:

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

If it ever gets made, it will probably fail at the box office. But, the studio will expect it to fail at the box office. This is the type of film that a studio makes knowing full well that it will make its money back ten-fold in licensing and DVD/Blu-ray sales.

It's a known secret in the industry that most films released today aim for a decent box office return in the first couple days of release, but that DVD sales and foreign releases are where the real money is made.

As has been said, the WoW fanboys will queue up for all the midnight showings, then moan about all the changes to the story/characters/locations/etc. They'll see it 2 more times just to catch all the inacurracies, write on their blogs about how much film sucks because they left out the Barrow Downs and Tom Bombadil some Night Elf or Undead of importance, then they'll buy the theatrical version and the extended edition on Blu-ray.

Fanboys are very rabid and protective of their particular genre, but they're also very predictable when it comes to movies and merchandise.

16. TSR2

TSR2 What's a Dremel?

Anyone heard of the Doom film recently?

17. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

Released several years ago and was last seen in a bargain bin with the rest of the game films

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

WoW already already bends over Wacraft lore and has its way with it. All the fan boys already know to just shake their heads and laugh when it comes to WoW. Ulduar killed it for me. Oh btw, you're just gonna kill all these epicly powerful figures who helped shape the world. And then some guy from space is gonna come and threaten to destroy all life and essentially terraform the planet. What is this, some sci-fi God of War MMO?

19. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

well maybe it would have been popular if it was released around now, but in 3 years time? I honest dont think wow will be in such a dominant position in 3 years time, literally 1000's are quitting wow every day. I know the game is still selling quite well and the expansion will no doubt sell well, but the subscriber base is still getting lower and lower, its only a matter of time before it normalises to a standard subscriber base which will probably be around the 6-800,000 mark. Might not be this year, or the year after, but wow certainlly wont carry on being so popular for many more years

20. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

agreed, that episode reminds me of why I will never play a pay to play game or just WoW for that matter.

Tags: Add Tags