1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Online design portfolio

Discussion in 'Software' started by Archtronics, 9 Feb 2012.

1. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Hey guys

I am looking for a website to create a page for me to display my work to help me in securing another job in the future.

Are any websites that people would suggest are easy to use and look professional, preferably free.

Thanks

Mark

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I'm very fond of Blogspot.com- lots of professional ( graphic ) artists and designers put their portfolios & latest work on there. You can create seperate pages with 'about me' type info and seperate pages for different types of work or commissions from projects etc; they also have a massive range fo customizable free templates that are very easy to alter , worth a look..

3. JimmyTheTrumpet

JimmyTheTrumpet What's a Dremel?

One of the best communities for design portfolios is www.deviantart.com. It also allows you to create yourself a portfolio etc.

With a little effort you could make yourself some good contacts along the way too!

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Free=fail, quite frankly... Wordpress and some cheap hosting will go a long way.
    Domains cost next to nothing, and if you adda few bob for a good Wordpress template, it'll ook great and professional.

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I'd also go the domain/hosting/WordPress route, you don't even need to pay for a template/theme, there a plenty of decent free portfolio ones available.

6. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

This.

I just bought a .co.uk domain from 1&1 for around £5 for 2 years, then use 000webhost.com for my hosting (free but very good), where I installed Wordpress. Easy, cheap and very effective.