1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

20" widescreen monitor group test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 30 Mar 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

ANOTHER compo?

mmmm....

Anyway, back to the actual topic, I was looking to get another monitor in a few weeks, this guide should help a lot.
    The USB addition is nice, especially since I don't like have front facing USB ports on my Tower.

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Entered, but i gave the wrong answer, could you delete my entry so I could resubmit?

E-mail was from: kyle_tdr@racing-post.info

Hope its not too much trouble.

Wouldent mind that t-shirt :)

4. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

how about a straight 19" tft comparison...as frankly alot of us dont have £300 for a monitor and 19" can now be picked up for half that price.

5. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

LOL - I knew something like this would crop up. Basically, for honest mistakes like this, don't panic - your entry will still count (well, the correct one will). But if we catch people clearly *deliberately* submitting multiple entries, then they're history.

6. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks alot pope, ill resubmit the correct one :).

7. lepre

lepre Minimodder

i wish to buy the NEC but i hate the glossy effect....damn you NEC!

8. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Fantastic!

However I think the Dell 2005fpw should have been included as its like the 'standard' 20 widescreen tft...

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Yer I thought that was a little odd.

edit: teach me for not reading the final page :blush:

Last edited: 30 Mar 2006
  10. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Read the last paragraph of page 7 ;) Saying that, I suppose one of us could easily give a review to add considering there are more people with 20" dells than I have of fingers.

Nice article though!

11. The Bart Man

The Bart Man What's a Dremel?

Verry handy review
    Fore my new sys I was lookingg fore a good alround lcd. I wantend somthing more then normal so first thought of a 19" but was also looking fore bigger monitors ranging from 20" up to 24".
    Fore a 19"I thought the viewsonic VX924 was a good one many good review on this one. Now the 20" viewsonic vx2025 look superb. Think this one will be it!
    Thank Bit-Tech fore the good review!!!

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Nice article, I'm contemplating buying a larger widescreen monitor. Are you guys planning on doing one for a group of 19" and 24" monitors?

13. The_JinJ

The_JinJ What's a Dremel?

I'd be interested in a 19" group comparison - bing a tight ass skinto and all that :hehe:

14. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I would like to see a 24" review, a 24" lcd is way more convient than a 24" crt at a lan. Good review.

15. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Nice review :thumb:

Looks like I will be buying the same one as I intended to last week (Viewsonic VX2025), denfinately 100% sure now :)

Thanks for the hint on the up coming review Bigz :D

The_JinJ get the Samsung 913N if your a cheap git, I got mine for the same reason and I am very happy with it for the price. You can get it for £181.64 @ Savastore or £181.53 @ Ebuyer

16. otm3x

otm3x What's a Dremel?

I don't know what are the companies thinking. If you consider these 20'' Widescreen LCDs to be High-end LCDs . Consider making the panels with height- adjustments and tilt ? This is like the minimum.
    I am not going to buy a LCD that price and put books under it to make up the height.

I am glad that bit-tech.net editors actually spotted there are noy much 20'' Widescreen LCD reviews . Good Job.

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I just kinda flipped through it as I'm more than set in the monitor department right now, but well-done. Those color "block" tests are a great idea, though I'll admit I've never bothered with something like that. Partially because I'd hate to find some sort of flaw in the extremities of a display that I'm very happy with. I can't compare the Dell to the other 20" panels reviewed (as I don't have any of them) but it's subjectively awesome. A minor quirk with the viewing angle, but considering it has four-way adjustment, four inputs and two USB ports alongside a great pricetag, it's a *very* minor issue. The 24" is definately better all around, but that's more or less to be expected. The lack of physical adjustment on those displays reviewed is a major put-off, and the extra inputs definately come in handy too (especially for anyone with a games console). I am a bit surprised to see both the FPW and ACD excluded from the round-up though, seeing as they tend to be the first displays that come to mind when a 20" widescreen is mentioned.

speedfreek - I'll hopefully get around to posting one (informal, but I've done pro reviewing before) on my blog soon, as well as comparing the Dell 24" to the 20" counterpart.

18. customh

customh conflagration.

Id have liked to see the dells but im pretty buch dead set on them its just which one im going to get.

19. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't mind an Apple 20" Cinema display. A few friends have them and they make me jealous. But that's also way out of my price range though.

Great Article!! :thumb:

20. rav666

rav666 What's a Dremel?

The philips 20 inch widescreen wasnt included either :(
    I think you should include the dell one as well, then it would be the best review on the web

Tags: Add Tags