1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Forsaken by LoKi

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Allmighty Loki, 18 Mar 2013.

1. Allmighty Loki

Allmighty Loki GP modder

Evening people! It has been a while since i last posted a project worrklog, i never have time to take photos generally because of the hurry. This year I have started a little enterprise with a friend, and it´s a workshop-office were we make mods here in Buenos Aires, and we will be back on track with the worklogs of all our projects!

Lets get to it

This case was a request for the launching of the game called "Forsaken" here in Argentina, and for it's design i took elements from the Dwarf character inside the game, lots of leather, bronze and copper, kinda steampunkish..

[​IMG]

We take a Thermaltake commander as the base for this project

[​IMG]

I started by getting leather on various shades of Brown, to sheathe the right side panel, it has a 10mm layer of foam underneath so it's really cushy.
    the leather is fixed to the side panel with copper rivets.

[​IMG]

This work is before i managed to get a leather puncher, i'm making the holes for the rivets with an exacto knife.

[​IMG]

At the same time, i started painting the coolers for the top, they are "Aerocool RS12", with bronze coloured paint.

[​IMG]

Once proper tension has been applied to the side panel leather, i glued its edges so it looks neat.

[​IMG]

fitting test, and calming the urge to see it finished :p

[​IMG]

meanwhile, the blades of the coolers are receiving the first layer of Rust oleum plastic primer.

[​IMG]

The exacto knife also helped me making this leather add ons for the coolers.

[​IMG]

At last, i got the leather puncher!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the fans with some screws attached to their bases, so i can put the leather add ons on them.

[​IMG]

Some bronze blind nuts will do the fixing job

[​IMG]

I tought of "sewing" the top and the side panel together by using leather strips, and this is the prepairing job:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounted on the side panel, it waits for the top.

[​IMG]

Assembling the fans

[​IMG]

I start with the top of the case

[​IMG]

and i rivet it to the case.

[​IMG]

now this is the part were it will be "Sewed" to the side panel

[​IMG]

But before i need to cut the holes so the air can pass trough , because i won't be able to cut them later

[​IMG]

Holes made and with the eyelets ready

[​IMG]

My partner, as colaborative as allways

[​IMG]

Here you can see the top fiked to the side panel, the fans screwed and two stripes that will hold the front part in position.

[​IMG]

Testing the lenghts with the front on, ideas are flowing..

[​IMG]

In the meantime, i have to prepare the other side panel, that will go on a lighter shade of brown, and it will have a window.

[​IMG]

The clock is ticking so i manage to paint the mesh of the case in bronze

[​IMG]

Before i fix the leather to the side panel, i have to put everything on it, 'cause i wont be able to do it later, so this is the time to make the signature (solder plus a leather piece)

[​IMG]

The leather riveted in, signature: check! and the window shape is cutted out.

[​IMG]

The idea of this window is not only to show the hardware, but to show the game also, so i decided to print the dwarf on perforated vinyl, so with the difference on the lightning i can see the inside of the case, or the picture.

[​IMG]

The acrylic was fixed with bolts and blind nuts, and this time I didn't glue the leather because i liked the shape that it took.

[​IMG]

Some pics of the work at this point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still have to make the front pieces, so stick around for the rest of this worklog!!

Ty all and sorry for my englsh

2. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

I like it so far. Looking forward for the front. :thumb:

3. Axoxenon

Axoxenon Do it right the first time

Looks great! Nice craftmanship with the somewhat unorthodox materials :thumb: