1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Looking for few ideas and tips

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Wort, 22 May 2014.

1. Wort

Wort What's a Dremel?

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and I have few questions for you regarding my build.

This is my PC: http://imgur.com/a/upPfV#0

What do you think of it?
    I know it's not much and you probably think this looks pretty dull and it kinda is..and I know, you will probably say "ugh...that cable management" or "ugh...brown motherboard". This is a non modular psu so there's so many cables not in use and motherboard is ugly, I know, but the truth is these components were bang for the buck.

Back to topic, I bought 2 akasa UV lights, which seem pretty cool to me. I'd like to ask you guys if you could give me few ideas or recommendations about what more should I do to make my interior look better and more "glowy". I don't want to spend too much money on that, so keep that in mind please. Any recommendations or ideas are welcome

2. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

The most cost effective way to make it look better imo would be to stuff all the unused PSU cables behind the mobo tray. Use sleeved extensions. I'm pretty sure there are UV active ones too. Get something to replace that stock CPU cooler.

3. Wort

Wort What's a Dremel?

Thank you for your answer. That's exactly what I'm about to do. So, do you know any website that sells UV sleeved extensions and they ship to EU? about CPU cooler, was thinking about getting Rajintek Ereboss or CM EVO 212. I was also thinking about building homemade watercooling system, if it doesnt cost too much money.

4. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

I looked around a bit but couldn't find any pre sleeved UV extensions. I may have been wrong about that. Sorry.

There definitely is UV cable sleeve though. If you want to get into manually sleeving stuff.

I think either of those coolers would work fine. Just look at some reviews and comparisons before you decide.

What exactly do you mean by "home made"? Water cooling is never cheap.

5. trintragular

trintragular What's a Dremel?

I think tidier cables would make quite a difference and, a suggested by Ocelot, a non-stock heatsink should help.

If you're feeling adventurous, you could remove the existing braid and either extend or cut the existing power wires such that there's less excess to hide. This would void your PSU's warranty though.