1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asus x99 delux-replacement will pick up current raid 1

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by rainbowbridge, 30 Oct 2016.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Hello Asus.

Raid question when swapping out for a repaired or replacement..

For the Asus X99 Delux (excellent board recommend) I have a nicely set up RAID 1 with two small drives.

If I put in a replacement or repaired Asus X99 Delux (system fault, inside warranty) once I get it back from the vendor. Will it automatically pick up the current RAID 1?

In the BIOS under EZ mode, I do not see any option to save the RAID config out to a USB drive.

So in short if you take your ASUS X99 send it for a repair or replacement, when it comes back will it automatically pick up the current Raid 1 set up (read off the drives?) If not how do I back up my raid config to hopefully import into my replacement Asus X99-Dulux.

Thank you,

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Short answer; yes. Just set SATA ports to RAID on the replacement board and it should pick up form where it left off.

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

It should do, yes. I swapped from a SOC Champion to the ASRock ITX board and it recognised it as soon as I set the BIOS to RAID. All data in tact, which I was most surprised by as it is a RAID0 array after all. As long as the chipset is the same, so X99 > X99, you should be absolutely fine.

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Thank you guys, have a nice week.